Author Topic: CVT Judder  (Read 1945 times)

CS35

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 07 Jazz sport
CVT Judder
« on: January 15, 2018, 09:11:02 PM »
Hi....new to the site....just got an 07 Jazz sport cvt7. Its got gearbox judder occasionally when pulling away....I understand you need to flush with cvt f fluid...can anyone talk me through the procedure  ? Sorry im sure this has come up a million times  !!! Thanks

guest1372

Re: CVT Judder
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 05:01:08 PM »
Pretty simple really.

But two containers of Honda CVT-F, no other fluid, plus a drain plug washer if possible.
- With warm gearbox, remove drain plug and empty.
- Fill with most of first container, check level after running.
- Maybe do clutch reset procedure.
- Run car for a while; a garage has to do the 2nd fill same day usually, but you could wait a week or so.
- If judder has cleared in the next 50 miles then save 2nd container for fluid replacement in 2 years time, alternatively:
- Drain and fill again with most of second container.

Skimping on the flush might be a false economy if judder is bad, but for slight judder you might get away with just one fluid replacement.  Changing every two years is now recommended, but maybe some cars leave it for 4 years then have to use twice as much by flushing.
--
TG

CS35

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 07 Jazz sport
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »
Thanks TG. What do you mean by clutch reset proceedure btw ?

guest7328

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 10:07:14 AM »
My CVT sometimes judders.

I read a procedure somewhere after a Google search recommending to coast the Jazz to a stop (or near as damn it) without applying the brake and amazingly the juddering has all but disappeared.

I'll update if I noticed more juddering.

guest7328

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 09:45:55 PM »
I think what I did is one of the many suggested clutch reset procedures. Sort of.

1.   Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature (the radiator fan comes on).
2.   Start the engine under no-load conditions, then turn the headlights on.
3.   Start off in [D] position, and drive the vehicle until vehicle speed reaches 60 km/h (37 mph)
4.     Decelerate the vehicle in more than 5 seconds without pressing the brake pedal to reach completion.
5.   Test-drive the vehicle to verify that a problem does not occur on the start clutch control system.

Thanks TG. What do you mean by clutch reset proceedure btw ?

Tags: