Author Topic: starter motor mulfunction indicator lamp ? help pleze  (Read 4543 times)

guest2916

starter motor mulfunction indicator lamp ? help pleze
« on: October 07, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »
HI our honda jazz has been great since we got it last november untill this morning, got up early lovely sunny day allthough cold with a bit of frost the mrs washed the car first time with the radio on for around 15 minutes no problem as usuall, 2 hours latter we were going out and the engine woudnt start just a click when the key was turned ,lights inside were working radio working so we thought it was the battery, got a friend to jump start the car still nothing, We bump started the car no problem then we noticed the malfunction indicator lamp was on and the clock has reset itself, after leaving the engine on for 10 minutes the light has went off and all seems fine we went for a short run there and the car seems great any info would be great my friend said its the starter motor? but im not to sure , the car is due its free service so going in today  to get it booked thanks again frank :o

guest2916

• Topic Starter
Re: starter motor mulfunction indicator lamp ? help pleze
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:17:58 PM »
A wee update, went went out for a run yesterday car was fine started and ran fine, also started no problem this morning could it have been when my wife washed the car some water got on to the electrics in the engine ?

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:42:58 PM »
...could it have been when my wife washed the car some water got on to the electrics in the engine ?

Most probably. Was the bonnet open when she washed the car, did she used hose for watering?

guest2916

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:21:18 PM »
 No DV bonnet was shut m8 and she used a bucket throwing from the front over the bonnet front windscreen ect then around the sides back ect ( the way i have been doing it since january ? ) cheers for posting

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 12:30:37 PM »
How do you train the wife to wash the car?
If music be the food of love, play on

guest2916

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 08:36:23 PM »
Ask her to use the electric hedge trimmers to cut the hedge when she shits herself then say do you want to wash the car for me instead  :D

guest1583

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:27:39 PM »
 :D
it looks one of the fuses is gone try to check the fuse box relating to the indicator.
when low voltage is detected fuses tend to protect the system.
hopefullly helps.. ;D

guest2913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »
simular problem to mine sadly after washing with radio on, with a/t its was find a quick battery and it fired straight up and turned out the battery was dying becuase it was about 5 yrs old, get it tested at garage because as weather gets colder you just find your self not near help with dead battery which is not worth it.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 08:19:35 AM »
Ask her to use the electric hedge trimmers to cut the hedge when she shits herself then say do you want to wash the car for me instead  :D
Brilliant  ;D ;D ;D

Tags:

anything