Author Topic: Colour coded door moulding issues  (Read 1985 times)

guest2807

Colour coded door moulding issues
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
When we bought our jazz from a Honda dealer we asked if they would supply and paint some door mouldings, they said yes, and they did. It's now a few months later and they have started to flake. :(. They sent over a chap from revive who didn't really want to get involved. I took the car to my local Honda dealer who said they would replace and repaint but would not give me any warranty on the job :(
What do you think would be the best way forward?
Have them repainted by  the local Honda garage and keep fingers crossed or not bother at all?

guest2765

• Topic Starter
Re: Colour coded door moulding issues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 08:34:57 PM »
tell them you want a warranty for the work as it should be guaranteed for a small period of time so the same issue doesnt happen again..or find a bodywork shop ask them if they would do the job for you might be costly but less than honda charge :p

were you given a warranty for the last time the door moulds were supplied and painted? (and surely they should be covered by a years guarantee on all products in the uk....sorry if you are outwith the uk and this bit isnt relevant)

guest2807

• Topic Starter
Re: Colour coded door moulding issues
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:58:12 AM »
they are willing to accept the cost of removal, replace, repaint and refit, my local Honda garage wants £400 but will not give any warranty for the paintwork.
It has cobecome apparnt that the job is relatively easily done but some say that flaking paint is part of the course.
Our dilema is whether to take the risk and have the paint flake in a year or so thus making it look crap or have them refitted au natural and deal with any fading that might occur and also the asthetic issues also.
Has anyone else had the door protectors painted??

Tags:

anything