Author Topic: Headlight Adjusters  (Read 1264 times)

Simmo2804

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2008
Headlight Adjusters
« on: July 29, 2023, 05:22:25 PM »
Hi can anybody help me. My Jazz has failed its MOT because the headlights are too low. But the headlight adjusters don't work and cant seem to move them manually.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Headlight Adjusters
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 06:36:38 PM »
Welcome. There are adjusters on the rear of each light unit.

Simmo2804

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2008
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 04:16:39 PM »
Thank you. Does it take a while for these to adjust because doesn’t seem to be moving them? Anything else I can do?

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 04:25:58 PM »
I guess it will take some time as you will need to turn the screwdriver maybe 4 or 5 turns to get the adjusting screw to turn 1 revolution. And I would suggest that the adjusting screw needs to turn 2 or 3 turns to make any appreciable difference to the headlight alignment.  Pure trial and error I’m afraid :(

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2023, 04:36:51 PM »
My nearside headlight being set too low was one of the reasons why my Jazz failed the MOT last year - the adjuster didn't work. I went and bought a second hand headlight and had that fitted - but the adjustment on that was broken too, so it must be a common issue. The garage that did my MOT sorted it in the end, using the replacement headlight that I had bought, but I'm not 100% sure how. They said it was a pain!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 05:31:18 PM »
Your best bet is to soak all the adjusters with penetrating/ silicone spray overnight. Then give them another go, I mark up the hlight centre in a piece of cardboard against a fence or wall to gauge adjustment .

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 07:28:03 PM »
On most cars, they are set and then left, so on most Mk1 cars they have been untouched for 15+ years.
A spray with PlusGas is a must.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2023, 03:33:50 PM »
I dont know this car, and my comments are based solely on the line drawing.  It looks like its not the threaded  bolt that adjusts the headlight  but the thickness of the module that is in effect the washer /seating for the bolt.   This looks like it can be clicked round,in stages ,  changing its effective  thickness. 

I may be stating the obvious here, or completely wide of the mark of how it works.  :-[    Just a suggestion  in case you are turning the wrong thing.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 03:36:30 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything