Author Topic: Catalytic converter stolen from my 2003 Jazz SE Sport  (Read 9751 times)

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: Catalytic converter stolen from my 2003 Jazz SE Sport
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »
At last my Jazz is back on the road after 4-5 hours of taking out damaged parts, alot of cursing and fitting the new cat, centre section and lamba sensors. On 1st Startup it was quite smokey and I dont know why but it sounded like a slipping clutch sound but after it few anxious minutes the mysterious sound went.

The AA recently did a Airbag recall at my home and I saw a Airbag light as well as the Engine light..hoping to call them back so they can sort it...does the Engine light go by disconnecting the battery!?

Will be adding extra security around the driveway and getting cables welded onto the cat.

Thanks to everyone who commented/give advice ..it was much appreciated  :)

Praying the Low lifes wont be back again
Really pleased you are back on the road. The amount of thefts around the country seem to be increasing very rapidly.

I am seriously thinking of buying the Catloc protector, anyone on here have one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinger888

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz se sport
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2021, 05:30:05 PM »
I think I spoke too soon... I got the AA guy to clear the Engine light and Airbag error codes, but the Engine light error showed a faulty Front sensor. This could have explained why the exhaust was smokey on 1st start...now Im anxious that because of the hour or so of running in the CAT driving I hopefully havent damage it.

I have sent a pic of the error codes back to the seller so they will hopefully send a replacement.

Has anyone experienced a bad new sensor before?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2021, 05:43:13 PM »
I think I spoke too soon... I got the AA guy to clear the Engine light and Airbag error codes, but the Engine light error showed a faulty Front sensor. This could have explained why the exhaust was smokey on 1st start...now Im anxious that because of the hour or so of running in the CAT driving I hopefully havent damage it.

I have sent a pic of the error codes back to the seller so they will hopefully send a replacement.

Have you checked that the sensor wiring to the connector hasn't been damaged when they yanked the cat out?

What were the error codes? Anything heater or sensor 'open circuit', I would suspect wiring.

Bad sensor is unlikely at this stage, but not impossible.

Stinger888

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2021, 06:02:19 PM »

Have you checked that the sensor wiring to the connector hasn't been damaged when they yanked the cat out?

What were the error codes? Anything heater or sensor 'open circuit', I would suspect wiring.

Bad sensor is unlikely at this stage, but not impossible.
The old cable was cut in half and the clips holding the remaining wire and plug were all intact so I dont think that is the case.

I will attach the error codes picture

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »
The old cable was cut in half and the clips holding the remaining wire and plug were all intact so I dont think that is the case.

I will attach the error codes picture

Looks like a power issue, showing heater malfunction on both sensors. Even though wire was cut, wiring could still be damaged, or fuse blown by shorted wires.

Do you know which fusebox you have? Early or late? What age is your Jazz?

Early fusebox, check fuse F16 (7.5A) according to workshop manual. Does feed a few other things though.

Check F11 & F14 on later fusebox.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:39:46 PM by sparky Paul »

Stinger888

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2021, 06:38:53 PM »
Sparky paul, I just checked the F16 fuse and its ok...

My jazz is an 03 plate
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:40:31 PM by Stinger888 »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2021, 06:40:28 PM »
Sparky paul, I just checked the F16 fuse and its ok...

03 should have early fusebox, so I think that's the right fuse. That's F16 in the under dash fusebox, BTW.

Worth checking other engine management related fuses, see if anything has popped. Then it's underneath to see if power is getting to the heaters.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:51:31 PM by sparky Paul »

Stinger888

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2021, 06:51:22 PM »
When i pulled the cut sensor plug from the existing socket, it came off some sort of catch, would that be anything to do with the problem as I just plugged the new sensor plug in but didnt find where the socket hooked to the catch and just cable tied the wires.

If the F16 fuse is ok where should I look next...Thanks for your help :)

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2021, 06:54:45 PM »
When i pulled the cut sensor plug from the existing socket, it came off some sort of catch, would that be anything to do with the problem as I just plugged the new sensor plug in but didnt find where the socket hooked to the catch and just cable tied the wires.

If the F16 fuse is ok where should I look next...Thanks for your help :)

I forgot to say that was F16 in the under dash fusebox, not the engine bay.

I shouldn't think the clip would make any difference. Looks like power to sensors is missing to me.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member

Stinger888

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2021, 08:10:20 PM »
Thanks for your input Sparky but Is it possible that both brand new sensors could be faulty at the same time??? there must be a common cause that is not giving power to the heaters?
Anyone have any other clues..please :-X

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2021, 08:34:45 PM »
Thanks for your input Sparky but Is it possible that both brand new sensors could be faulty at the same time??? there must be a common cause that is not giving power to the heaters?

Both being faulty seems unlikely.

If all the fuses are okay, and I would check all the others just in case, my next step would be to follow the troubleshooting guides and check the voltages at the connectors. There is also a procedure to check the heaters, but as said before, seems unlikely that both new 02 sensors would be kaput.

The power to both the sensors is fed from the same circuit, it's possible that if there is a break in the wiring somewhere, it will affect both sensors.

wil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2021, 08:59:00 PM »
Not sure which O2 sensors you have, but I bought my kit (incl the O2 sensors) from seller rtgroup11 on ebay, no issues with mine, works as intended.  Must be very unlucky to have both sensors faulty though.

Stinger888

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2021, 09:21:53 PM »
Not sure which O2 sensors you have, but I bought my kit (incl the O2 sensors) from seller rtgroup11 on ebay, no issues with mine, works as intended.  Must be very unlucky to have both sensors faulty though.

Yes i brought my kit from the same seller, ive sent them the OBD error picture and asked for replacements but Im not sure what they will do...I had a spring missing from the kit initially and it took 4 days for them to reply and send it.

wil

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2021, 09:40:57 PM »
Just down the road from me, must be the same gang that stole mine.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/slough-man-21-arrested-suspicion-20186840

Tags:

anything