Author Topic: Front wheel catching brake caliper 2006 Jazz  (Read 865 times)

100K+

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Front wheel catching brake caliper 2006 Jazz
« on: November 04, 2019, 08:03:54 AM »
Yesterday we moved the NS rear wheel to the front of the car. On driving away there was a grinding noise like that of shot pads on the disc. Removal of the wheel revealed that the road wheel had been catching the very outer edge of the brake calliper. If you imagine the calliper to be a thick paper back book, it was the outer edge down the full length of the book. Subsequent investigation highlighted no reason for this to happen. The previous road wheel had no issues. All 4 road wheels are genuine Jazz wheels. There is no apparent build up of corrosion on the calliper or the road wheel. The road wheel has markings all round the inside right next to the round holes, so it appears the wheel is true. There is no issue with wheel bearings. The car has been in the family for almost 9 years but this is the first time I can remember swapping wheels front/back.
I originally started this thread in the Mk2 section, so to those who have already seen this thread apologies.
Any thoughts or comments as to the reason why this is happening and about my possible solutions, or is it just a Jazz peculiarity??
1) Grinding away the area on the calliper where the marking is taking place
or
2) Fitting some kind of spacer between the hub and the road wheel.
3) Get different wheel rim

Cheers
Bob

PS since yesterday my daughters current boyfriend tells me he had a similar experience with his 2002 Jazz and had to swap the wheels back too.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Front wheel catching brake caliper 2006 Jazz
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 09:00:12 AM »
I answered the previous thread. We all read all the categories.

100K+

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Front wheel catching brake caliper 2006 Jazz
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 07:47:54 PM »
OK. Tried the two spare snow tyre rims I have which both fitted with no issues. The one that don't work looks identical, but obviously ain't, but we move on...
Thanks for all contributors to this and the wrongly posted thread.

Cheers
Bob

Tags:

anything