Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 89421 times)

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2024, 01:47:23 PM »
Tinny's post about being banned is gobsmackingly awful. Getting legal advice on suing that Honda dealer would be my next move. The dealer deserves it.

Update:

I had to chase them because they are not keeping me informed, but Bath Honda told me today they haven't received the part that was due yesterday. It is now looking like Tuesday next week before they will receive it. The repair of my Jazz will get "priority" as soon as they have the part. Why am I not going to hold my breath ...?

Meanwhile I have extended my car hire until next Wednesday. It is difficult to keep track of the hire cost over the phone, but I estimate that I have racked up over £700 so far.

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2024, 01:57:59 PM »
I am a member of Which? and I have just sent them details of the brake problem and Honda’s pathetic response. I am now going to compose a similar message to BBC Watchdog. I don’t think Honda will take any proper action until they are named and shamed.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2024, 02:04:50 PM »
Just to register my support for those affected and who are now escalating the issue. I bought my car in October 2021 so not sure if it is likely to be affected but it's a nagging worry. Not what you buy a Honda for. The response from Honda UK and many dealers is beyond awful.

I'm fortunate in that, if my car had to be off the road for an extended period, I could manage but many people depend on their cars and the costs of car hire are not trivial to say the least.

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2024, 02:24:00 PM »
Small claims court for me if mine goes this way, I'm sure the judge will prick his ears up at the mention of brake failure. Honda are going to lose a lot of goodwill over this, it's only a matter of time before the media start to run with the story.

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2024, 05:37:19 PM »
Small claims court for me if mine goes this way, ...
Anyone considering any sort of legal action to recoup their costs should ensure they get the failed component(s) back after the repair. And get an independent technical expert to examine them to establish the root cause of the failure.

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2024, 07:12:46 PM »
HONDA COMES GOOD ! – partially anyway because there are still delays.
It seems that my three phone calls plus email and letter (maybe DVSA contact also)  finally had a good outcome when Honda phoned me up this afternoon from customer head office in Bracknell.
There was an apology for the delay in getting back but they say that they will cover all costs, and have informed the dealer, plus if we need a courtesy car that would be provided also. At the moment we have access to another car and currently we do not require the courtesy car. However, that is still an option if required and may be necessary if the mid-June date which now has been suggested by them for the replacement part becomes a reality. Hopefully that will not be the case.

I have every sympathy for those who have already paid or are in the process of dealing with the problem and can hardly believe the reaction of Tinny’s garage. They are completely out of order.

Everyone concerned on this forum should certainly be persistent but try and remain calm if you can! Perhaps use the technique of complaining suggested by Matt Allright on BBC Morning Live/Watchdog.

He suggests the following technique in your complaint

E mpathetic
R easonable
A ssertive
S upported
E vidence
R elentless

Hopefully this will act as an Eraser of the problem.

If you still need to write to Head Office the address is as follows-

Honda Motor Europe  (UK) Cain Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 1HL

or email address as suggested by Daffodil probably for all of the Directors.

If you want  Directors (although I had not reached that stage yet)
Ian Howells is listed as active as Secretary and a Director and longest serving plus 4 others listed as active, although 2 of these were only appointed less than two weeks ago
( including Monsieur Jean-Marc Streng  as suggested by Daffodil). Maybe emails need to be copied to all of them.

Personally I am feeling more confident now that Honda will deal appropriately with all of its customers, but you may need to let them know if you haven’t already. Hopefully legal action may not be needed.
I do suspect that there will have to be a recall now and anyone who has paid would be recouped.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 08:07:38 PM by Cobb2 »

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2024, 08:09:51 PM »
Just modified my previous post - I had the letters the wrong way around on Mat Allbright's ERASER suggestion.
Just typing too fast!

Daffodil

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2024, 08:54:11 AM »
Persistence Prevails!!

Well Done Cobb2! Brilliant news. I also agree that Honda may now do the right thing by us all.

In the meantime let’s all follow by example and use this approach. Write, email, phone, whatever it takes.

As mentioned, I started at the top with the Managing Director Jean-Marc Streng, but I will make use of the other contact details provided by Cobb2 if I don’t hear back soon.

With regard to Tinny’s post - what shocking behaviour from a respectable business! If Honda HO don’t respond, do not give up. The rapidly growing numbers of Brake Simulator Failures is now an acknowledged fault by HO and your Dealership should be named and shamed. The fact that you had steering problems after the repair is a huge concern, especially for a car with less than 10,000 miles. In my email to M. Streng I mentioned my concern about knock on effects of the delay with repair and my car just sitting in the Dealership car park for at least one month, maybe more. Hopefully you will get refunded in the long run, but that doesn’t excuse such unprofessional behaviour from a representative of the whole Honda empire.

Good Luck everyone - get writing and phoning!

UPDATE - I have also just submitted a DVSA Vehicle Safety Defect Report.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 09:32:00 AM by Daffodil »

Tinny

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 202
« Reply #188 on: April 12, 2024, 10:12:56 AM »
Thanks Daffodil

I have just submitted a DVSA Vehicle Safety Defect Report.

Emails next!

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #189 on: April 12, 2024, 03:57:37 PM »
Well done guys  (and girls). Although I am unaffected, I sympathise and support you all.

Keep at it: and remember keep notes of all phone calls  as well as correspondence. This could very likely end up as a class action suit and you want to preserve all the evidence.

As for a dealer banning a customer, I suggest trying to have a phone conversation with the dealer, record it all and then go to your local press.   The epithet I want to use for this behaviour would get me banned 8)

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #190 on: April 12, 2024, 06:55:37 PM »
Yesterday I received a call from the owner of the dealership, who I have never met.  He told me that he had heard I was an unhappy customer, asked for brief deatils of the issues and then stated that I was now banned, together with my car, from ever going to any of the Honda dealerships he owns in the local area.  Total call time - less than 5 minutes.

What an absolute a**!  (pardon my french)

This dealership should be "banned" from any customers to eternity!

The owner has absolutely failed to understand that any justified complaint is:
a) a chance to better themselves
b) a compliment (because the unsatisfied customer thinks they could perform better)

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #191 on: April 12, 2024, 10:43:04 PM »
Folks, wanted to express too how bad this situation is for those affected and hope all are resolved acceptably soon when Honda UK finally get their act together. 

I guess I'm in the group with LV who have mid 2021 Mk 4's, so a problem could possibly happen at any time.  From what ive seen, it's unlikely to occur whilst driving, but tends to happen on start up. 

That CAN of course be a major problem if you are away from home, abroad or at the other end of the country when the fault occurs.  So like some others, I'm in a quandary about what to do.  Sit tight and hope for the best, or swap it. 

I'm luckyish in that im covered on the 5 year plan, which has 2 years to run.  I guess on balance, wait and see what happens over the next few months?   :(

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2024, 11:52:14 PM »
Hi everyone, So far I've not been affected but I really hope Honda do the right thing and sort out  this ridiculous situation quickly.
I have to say I am rather worried that my Jazz will be affected as I took delivery in November 2020, so maybe it's a matter of time and while we don't do a high mileage we will not be able to manage without it.
Good luck everyone and very well done for your efforts.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

Tags:

anything