Author Topic: Carwow - the 15 most RELIABLE cars revealed - buy these to avoid bills!  (Read 4113 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Yep. I think unreliability is very much a relative term. My old side valve 1956 Ford Anglia was unreliable in the refusal to start on a cold morning sense, modern stuff is pretty reliable in the main.

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
Yes it's all relative. I remember back in the 70's and 80's the mornings were punctuated by the sound of cars turning over and refusing to start, messing with the choke and getting it running. Now most you just get in and drive without a second thought. Albeit modern cars are full of electrical devices so a greater chance of things malfunctioning and developing faults. This puts me off the new models like the 2020 Jazz with all the batteries and electronics.

Jeff B

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 Jazz 2017 (67 plate)
Yep. I think unreliability is very much a relative term. My old side valve 1956 Ford Anglia was unreliable in the refusal to start on a cold morning sense, modern stuff is pretty reliable in the main.

That takes me back a bit. My first car was an Austin A35 way back in 1969. (It was actually the van version). It too was a devil to start in cold weather and many times I had to resort to the starting handle - remember those?!! Miraculously I managed to never break my thumb in the process, having been shown the correct technique.

Tags:

anything