Author Topic: Hi im thinking about a jazz!?  (Read 3170 times)

guest171

Hi im thinking about a jazz!?
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:07:07 PM »
hey everyone!
Well after my awfull morning, as i crashed my beutifull Honda Civic Sport 04 vivd blue.. god it was pritty and soo good to drive. I thought as im sat at home, unable to go out with my lack of car Sad i’ve bin thinking of getting a Jazz.

As im only a youth at 20, and with now having no, co claims, and only 2 years under my belt. I’m pritty much forces to look at a smaller engined car, unless i want to pay through the teeth for insurance on anything above group 4!

My civic was a 1.6 and had the sports trim which i loved, body kit and leather steering wheel, gear knob and the nice red seats. So im looking for somthing similar out of the jazz.

Anyway why im thinking a jazz;
1. they’re Honda which to me means they reliable as hell, i mean i put my civic through about 5 metres of fence took out most of the front and wing and i could still drive it home Smiley
2. They’re cheap to run and insure, which is a big factor as i dont want to spend alot every month on a car.
3. they look bloody nice if you have the sports kit, and dont worry it’ll be getting some mugen attention Cheesy
4. Everyone expects a Jazz owner to be 60+, so it’ll be a nice suprise for everyone Cheesy

I’ve been looking at the 1.4 Sport diesel. because of the economy, and looks.
What i was wondering, has anyone looked at a Remap for the diesel engine, as im used to a car that shifts at a good 10 seconds to 60, so would like to get a jazz to match that. and the most conventual way of getting power out of a diesel is a ramp Cheesy

Thanks And hopefully i’ll be back on the road soon

guest171

• Topic Starter
Re: Hi im thinking about a jazz!?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 09:12:07 PM »
Hey all sorry i misread when i was looking at specs, i now see they dont do a diesel jazz Sad

guest283

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 12:12:56 PM »
Hi
You can’t go wrong with a Jazz, I have had mine about 4 weeks now, Sport model in red, I love it, very nippy and good on fuel.
I wasn’t sure at first about getting a Jazz, as I have always had bigger cars, but am more than pleased with it Smiley

Good Luck

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
[quote:gvchwdvh]“My civic was a 1.6 and had the sports trim which i loved, body kit and leather steering wheel, gear knob and the nice red seats. So im looking for somthing similar out of the jazz.”[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your incident.

Nearest Jazz is the Sport from October 2004 onwards (54-reg on). Bodykit and leather steering wheel are standard. Although, I remember back in late 2003, some dealers had SE Sports as demo cars with bodykits, as indeed it was a dealer-fit option.

[quote:gvchwdvh]“4. Everyone expects a Jazz owner to be 60+, so it’ll be a nice suprise for everyone”[/quote]

I know! Grin I’m 27 and drive a Jazz…and bought my first one at 23. Not the most obvious choice, but I went to a local motorshow event back in the summer 2002 (looking forward to seeing the new Seat Ibiza - German quality and sporty style for less money) and had the chance to sit in the majority of similar cars and the Jazz instantly appealed to me, notably how neat it was (first time I had the chance to have a good look at one in the flesh) and the fit & finish to shame more expensive cars.

[quote:gvchwdvh]“What i was wondering, has anyone looked at a Remap for the diesel engine, as im used to a car that shifts at a good 10 seconds to 60, so would like to get a jazz to match that. and the most conventual way of getting power out of a diesel is a ramp

Thanks And hopefully i’ll be back on the road soon ”[/quote]

I did for a while run a new-shape Civic 2.2 diesel (138bhp, 8 seconds to 60). To be honest, going back to the Jazz was no big deal and I don’t really notice the performance difference. The Jazz’s engine has more torque lower down than your Civic 1.6 so less revving is needed . I would try it first and see how you get on, you may have to alter the driving style than compared to the Civic, but personally, I would’nt bother with any kind of remaps or chipping.

Tags:

anything