Author Topic: Jerky Jazz - CVT or EGR ?  (Read 1184 times)

jon1612

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 idsi cvt 7 sport
Jerky Jazz - CVT or EGR ?
« on: October 25, 2019, 06:07:29 PM »
Hi thanks for reading
New Jazz cvt7 owner (2007 1.4 idsi cvt7 sport )
I have a problem that i cant seem to nail
from time to time the car has a jerking fit, the only way i can describe it is as if the cvt is trying to "kick down"
or engine missfire
sometimes does it once but sometimes 2 or 3 times
i had a judder / vibration before and added some XADO and that cured the vibration
I have changed the CVT oil with honda stuff ( cvt-f) about a week ago and will change again in another week
the jerking was there before first oil change and at first thought it had cured it but now its back
tonight on the way home it did it 3 times usualy just as you have come off a roundabout or after a turn but as i said
does not do it most of the time and can go days without.
after reading about the cvt problems i was sure thats where the problem was but thinking about it maybe it could be
something else maybe EGR valve as seems to drive better in S mode which make the revs higher
does anyone know if this makes any sence or has anyone had any experience of EGR symptons
also getting rubbish mpg (28 mpg ) but as most of the time its only a 4 mile journey this iis probably right as we
went for a 40 mile trip and it went up to 48mpg
car has full service history from new and cvt oil was overdue a change so im halfway through the flush
74k on clock
i love the car and how it drives, i only do about 8 miles a day and compared with my previous manual car this
is such a calm drive
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 06:09:44 PM by jon1612 »

dave12335

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
Re: Jerky Jazz - CVT or EGR ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 08:40:30 PM »
Change the plugs.

See my other post on this a few months back

jon1612

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 idsi cvt 7 sport
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 02:25:19 PM »
Thanks for that
has made me think is def engine miss fire problem not CVT fault, is worse in D mode and does not do it in S mode as much. going to see if any codes have popped up after it has done it.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 08:13:59 AM »
Change the plugs.

See my other post on this a few months back
Check the 4 plugs in the back row (the dsi in the engine model means dual spark ignition). A lot of owners and 3rd party mechanic don't know the back row are there so they never get changed.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags:

anything