Author Topic: Engine oil  (Read 1499 times)

Slimlad

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-dsi cvt 2005
Engine oil
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:39:46 PM »
Hi.new to the honda jazz.great little car.
Im wanting to do oil and filter change.can i use castrol magnatec 5w30 c3 and genuine filter.i always change oil every 12 months regardless of mileage even though it will never do more than 8000 a year.its the 1.4 i-dsi cvt 2005
Thanks in advance

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Engine oil
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:46:48 AM »
Welcome. Your choice of oil is perfect for a Mk1 Jazz. I use Comma X-Tech 5W-30 Fully Synthetic oil and filter sourced from my local motor factors, but like you I change oil every 12 months irrespective of mileage.
What is far more important, on the CVT, is that the transmission oil is changed every 2 years or 25,000 miles (whichever comes sooner) and that only the correct Honda CVT fluid is used. Sometimes judder can occur with the CVT transmission and this is usually a sign that the oil change has been neglected. In that case a flush is often required too.

Slimlad

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 08:00:56 AM »
Thanks for your reply.so c3 is ok.
And yes im getting 8litres of cvt fluid and flushing it regardless.
Thanks

Slimlad

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 06:20:59 PM »
Welcome. Your choice of oil is perfect for a Mk1 Jazz. I use Comma X-Tech 5W-30 Fully Synthetic oil and filter sourced from my local motor factors, but like you I change oil every 12 months irrespective of mileage.
What is far more important, on the CVT, is that the transmission oil is changed every 2 years or 25,000 miles (whichever comes sooner) and that only the correct Honda CVT fluid is used. Sometimes judder can occur with the CVT transmission and this is usually a sign that the oil change has been neglected. In that case a flush is often required too.
Thanks for your reply.so c3 is ok.
And yes im getting 8litres of cvt fluid and flushing it regardless.
Thanks

nrgmilano

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: SE CVT Mk3
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 04:45:13 AM »
Where do you buy the honda cvt fluid at a reasonable price please

Tags:

anything