Author Topic: Honda Jazz DVD/GPS  (Read 8283 times)

guest921

Honda Jazz DVD/GPS
« on: July 22, 2009, 05:07:48 PM »
Dear Friends
I was thinking in change my original radio and put a DVD/ GPS sytem.
Did anyone do this ?
Does anyone know this piece
http://www.witson.com/view_pro.php?id=1394

The problem is that does not have the passenger disconnected airbag LED.

Any advices ?

Thanks

ThomP

• Approved Member
Re: Honda Jazz DVD/GPS
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »
I don't know it but it looks good :)

I have compared the picture to the OEM HDD nav and it looks like it would be possible to cut a hole for the LED in the same place.

I tried to find dealers with prices but only found some in Greece and besides the language being kind of hard to read for me they seemed to be missing the GPS option - where can you buy it?
Storm Silver Metallic rules:)

guest921

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 02:31:24 PM »
Dear ThomP
Thanks for your information. In UK you can find  it in here 
http://www.esg1.co.uk/honda/d739h-dvdgps-honda-fit-2008-p-552.html.

Regards

ThomP

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »
Hm, I wonder if that is a LHD or RHD model... The picture is LHD, but in a UK shop ???

guest921

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 07:20:43 PM »
Dear ThomP

Did you contact store ? I believe they have both sides ?
Do you have any idea about the prices ?
Thanks

ThomP

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:21:39 PM »
Dear ThomP

Did you contact store ? I believe they have both sides ?
Do you have any idea about the prices ?

Naah, the wife doesn't like the idea - she thinks I should just use my Garmin GPS:( Anyway, I think the web-shop stated a price ~GBP500

guest993

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »
I'd be surprised if that was a UK shop TBH, looks Chinese to me. Colour layout and wording (without crack installation?)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 11:19:08 AM »
Funny how it lists the car as a Fit. That's the North American name for a Jazz!

Site is registered to someone in Liverpool, but that doesn't mean a lot these days!

ThomP

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »
I'd be surprised if that was a UK shop TBH, looks Chinese to me. Colour layout and wording (without crack installation?)

Could be, but the "about us" says:

1) As we are based in the UK then all dealings will be through us. Any returns/exchanges will be dealt through us so there is no need to worry about excess postage charges in sending it back to where its imported from and miscommunication issues.
2) Issues will be resolved immediately. The quicker the transactions finished the better.
3) We offer a 28 day returns policy and a standard 1 year’s factory warranty for all our products as they are sent direct from the manufacturers.
4) For Returns/Exchanges: As longs as the item are in its original packaging as received then send it back to us in Liverpool, no questions asked.
5) Faulty products: Please contact us and we will do all the work for you in getting a replacement.
6) No Import or Duty Taxes to pay as the item is being sent within the UK!!

The last bit is important for all EU customers! I don't know UK laws, but in Denmark the general terms and conditions would not be legal - the returns policy and warranty conditions are far from ok.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 11:53:10 AM »
fwiw, there doesn't seem to be any address (UK) quoted on the website that I could find.  No VAT reg. number too.

They also quote 7 - 21 days delivery.  Surely if they were in the UK, next day delivery should be possible if they sold a legitimate product for a UK Jazz.

As unity_neil has already suggested, it almost certainly looks like a Far East company trying to pose as a UK retailer.
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 01:37:59 PM »
CANCELLATIONS

Should you feel the need to cancel a order before it has arrived to you, we reserve the right to charge a 5% cancellation fee. This is to cover our carriage costs that occur when we order the stock in from our stockists.

This is not allowed under Distance Selling Regulations!

ADVANTAGES OF DEALING WITH US

1) As we are based in the UK then all dealings will be through us. Any returns/exchanges will be dealt through us so there is no need to worry about excess postage charges in sending it back to where its imported from and miscommunication issues.
2) Issues will be resolved immediately. The quicker the transactions finished the better.
3) We offer a 28 day returns policy and a standard 1 year’s factory warranty for all our products as they are sent direct from the manufacturers.
4) For Returns/Exchanges: As longs as the item are in its original packaging as received then send it back to us in Liverpool, no questions asked.
5) Faulty products: Please contact us and we will do all the work for you in getting a replacement.
6) No Import or Duty Taxes to pay as the item is being sent within the UK!!

If, as they say, they are UK based then ALL UK laws will apply regarding S.O.G.A. and Distance Selling Regulations etc etc etc!

guest925

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 01:11:34 AM »
I put this in my australian jazz

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tags:

anything