Author Topic: The MP3 alternative...  (Read 16844 times)

Peter

• Approved Member
    • Peter's World
  • My Honda: MkII Jazz iVTEC 1.4 CVT
Re: The MP3 alternative...
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2009, 11:29:45 AM »
Hi

Not wishing to dive under the dashboard to get at the back of the head unit I have purchased the following to use with my 16GB iPod Nanon-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-iTrip-6298-NTRPDA-Nano-4G/dp/B001TD3ULI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246616239&sr=1-6

It is currently on order and should arrive on Monday. I will let you know how I get on with it.

Peter in Devon

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 06:33:24 PM »
Peter I'm currently looking at buying an i pod which one is the best for a Jazz ......
Can it be easily connected to the set up in a005 Jazz SE.......Joe

Peter

• Approved Member
    • Peter's World
  • My Honda: MkII Jazz iVTEC 1.4 CVT
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2009, 08:09:24 PM »
Hi Joe

I don't think any particular iPod will be any more suitable than another for the Jazz. You need to choose one for the use you want from it. For myself I didn't want the expense of a touch screen nor do I need to view movies. What I did want was at least 16GB of storage for my 15GB [and growing] collection of music with the ability to find tracks and albums if necessary without it costing too much. Hence I chose the 16GB iPod Nano.

My Jazz is an '05 registration like yours and I don't think you will be able to connect the iPod to it as our model year do not have an 'auxiliary' input. However using the iPod with the iTrip FM transmitter that I have mentioned above should mean that you can listen to your music by tuning the Jazz radio to a spare FM frequency and tuning the iTrip to the same frequency. As I say I should receive my iTrip at the beginning of next week and I will post and let everyone know how effective it is. Incidentally if I want I can take my iPod in the house and set it to transmit and thus listen to any of my music on a nearby stereo system or radio.

Peter in Devon

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 08:12:39 AM »
Th FM transmitter is good generally but then sometimes it gets distorted due to interference.  Just thinking I'm not sure if the traffic announcement has kicked in whilst playing it, but that may just be a coincidence.

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »
Jazz E.......maybe you know better than i do, but there are several frequencies on the transmitter to try.
Your local area may be in an borderline frequency area so just move to another one on the transmitter then re tune the FM radio.......Joe

Tags:

anything