Author Topic: light in the radio started to fail?  (Read 8117 times)

guest2913

light in the radio started to fail?
« on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:03 PM »
I was just wondering after searching in google if anyone else has had this problem, the lights on my facelight jazz in the radio have started to fail around the sound controller and the heater mirrors/ back window and nothing came up but Fitfreaks, just wondering if the fit has the fail or all GD models worldwide, it seem a mess on for the sake of few lights.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: light in the radio started to fail?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:23 PM »
I had a similar problem:

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=4582.0

The backlighting for my AUTO, OFF and recirculation buttons no longer works. I haven't investigated the problem, it's a radio out job before I can get to the buttons to confirm it's a blown bulb. Seems like a lot of hassle.

guest3735

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:43:56 PM »
on a similar note... the air con button. i know there's a blue light (working fine) but can't remember whether the AC letters on the switch were backlit like the mirrors one on the other side. does the button just pop out or do i need a mechanics course to strip everything out? if the latter, i won't bother.

guest4377

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 03:35:56 AM »
You will need to take the radio out. 

If it's the sport model with climate control, like I have, then the ones behind the A/C button and that whole row, well there are 2 bulbs that light those up.  I have he part numbers at home and I can post them here when I return home at the weekend

If the radio has the big round button for off and on, with the 4 buttons around it, one is FM, one is AUX, forget what the other 2 say.  Well the bulbs for these apparently don't exist according to my dealer.  However he did order a bunch of dash bulbs and it was trial and error to get the right ones. I got a set and again, I have the part numbers at home.  Access to these bulbs are by taking out the radio and taking off its rear panel being careful not to damage any of those strip flat wire connectors that seem as flimsy as tagliatelle pasta.

I'll get the part numbers when I'm home.
Oh and by the way they can be expensive.  However it's very rare they fail.  And I think the odd light out on a dash makes the car look incredibly ********** at night. 

Sent from my iPhone

guest2913

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 10:53:09 PM »
We'll after thinking about it, half of the time I hit the right button whilest driving at night so it too much work

guest4377

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »

Part number 79674-S3N-941

This is the part number for bulbs that will fit behind the round part surrounding the on/off switch on the Radio.   

These are not the part number honda will give you as they say that these bulbs cannot be replaced.  This part number is for bulbs from the dashboard of an older Honda Civic. They do fit and work perfectly well.
However if you take the radio apart, very easy to do so. Then these bulbs will fit there.  The rest of the radio is illuminated by LED's or bulbs which honda say that can be replaced.

These were for my car which is a 2006 sport model with climate control.

Sent from my iPhone

guest4377

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 02:10:19 PM »

Part number 35851-ST0-003

And this is he part number for the bulbs that for behind the a/c, mode, heated rear window, off and auto switches. There are 2 bulbs, one on each side, again it needs the radio to be removed.  These are very easy to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone

Tags:

anything