Author Topic: 09 Jazz Stereo  (Read 6316 times)

guest761

09 Jazz Stereo
« on: January 27, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »
Hi all

Just about to order a 1.4 Jazz EX. Can anyone tell me if the stereo is any good and if it is worth fitting the tweeters from the accerssory list?

guest598

• Topic Starter
Re: 09 Jazz Stereo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
I have a 14 ex the sterio seems perfectly okay i would'nt know about the tweeters.

guest745

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »
We have only had our ES for a couple of days now but find the quality perfectly acceptable. The main benefit in the EX is the full USB port (in the chilled glove box - does that make the MP3 work better - LOL).
I'm not a sound snob though - I wouldn't bother changing the basic system.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 09:43:56 PM »
Definitely fit the tweeters. You will notice the difference. Dealer ones are pricey. I would try an ICE place

guest744

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 09:18:16 AM »
Are the tweeters available on the UK Jazz?  The stereo is OK as it is, but I would have gone for any sort of upgrade if I had known it was available, as I do like quality sound in my car, as far as that is possible with OEM kit.

I have just bought an '09 shape UK 1.4 EX and there was no option for additional tweeters that I was aware of.  Also, my USB port is in the centre console (with an adapter lead hanging from it) rather than in the glove box.

guest795

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2009, 06:03:42 PM »
Have collected an EX I shift today. Only problem is the stereo. There is a regular distburbance in reception on radio 4 and classic FM. I have tried retuning and altering a range of settings. This varies according to the location eg better in town than on a motorway. But the sound appears inferior to the system in my 54 reg Jazz.

Any thoughts?

guest934

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
i thought the sound quality of the sound system in my EX was absolutely awful. Absolutely no clarity whatsoever and this was down to the speakers. The bass was very thin and there was hardly any treble even after the tone controls were ramped up.

I upgraded the speakers at the dealership - bit pricey but certainly an improvement. I originally was going to order the tweeter installation at £150 but decided to replace all 4 speakers.

Tags:

anything