Author Topic: Encrusted in salt.  (Read 1968 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Encrusted in salt.
« on: April 16, 2021, 06:59:35 AM »
My car is in a terrible state at the moment. Last week we had 5 days of snow, and though it never lay, the councils were out salting the roads every night. It appears that salt sticks better when dry as against when the roads are wet.
The City Bypass was a sight to see as the traffic stirred up clouds of salt, making it look like a scene from the Paris - Dakar Rally. Family circumstances have made it difficult to get the car washed (I was just about to start yesterday when we got a call to go to the hospital), and as a result, the car remains encrusted with salt. Every time I go to shut the boot, it feels like I am handling sandpaper. Hopefully, I can get it at least rinsed off this coming weekend.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Encrusted in salt.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 11:51:14 AM »
Fortunately we haven't much salt on the road round our way but we've had a lot of Saharan sand. Hate that stuff sitting on the car, really aggravates my OCD tendencies.

guest4871

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:26:49 PM »
Fortunately we haven't much salt on the road round our way but we've had a lot of Saharan sand. Hate that stuff sitting on the car, really aggravates my OCD tendencies.

+1

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »
Next time buy a brown car. ;D That sand (and road dirt in general) won't be very noticeable on a Sunset Orange Jazz. Honda, unfortunately, isn't currently offering that or a similar colour.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 03:50:52 PM »
I was across at my mother-in-laws today to do a bit of gardening, and once I finished my chores, I took the opportunity to give the car a thorough wash. The car is now clean, and it is me that is all brown, after three hours in the lovely spring sunshine.

Tags:

anything