Author Topic: Palladium prices and Cats  (Read 3701 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Palladium prices and Cats
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »
That's it. Took a while to charge up with my phone charger, so I have ordered a 2A USB charger, as it recommends.

So fully charged it should last about 18 to 20 hours ?  says in Nextbase manual that the 3.7V  450mAh internal battery lasts about 30 minutes which gives 950mAh drain from power bank, although powerbank supplies power at more than 3.7 volts ( should a USB socket give 5 volts DC ).  Be interesting to know how long it lasts....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 10:45:38 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2020, 10:50:03 AM »
Be interesting to know how long it lasts....
Cannot see it ever getting fully discharged. Never have to leave car for more than 2 hours. When Madge gets her Chemo I normally wait until she is all hooked up, then come home. I then pop back for the last hour and then bring her home. Parking is s nightmare at the hospital so I park in a street that has a 2 hour max stay. Don't want to get another ticket!

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »
According to manual pwer requirement of 312GW is 1.5amps at 5 volts  and the 3.7V 450mAh internal battery is good for 30 minutes of recording - so looks like it needs more than you would expect - whether the power is for the GPS chip or just the video chip / processing bit I don't know.
If it has GPS, those chipsets are known to gobble up a bit of power. I would think some of the headroom on the supply is for the initial charging of the battery, but if you can get around 24 hrs out of it, I would think it would be enough.

richardfrost

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2020, 12:10:25 PM »
I use powerbank to use my car satnav when walking - it does 'off road' ( straight line between where your are and where you are trying to go ) - normally know where I am going when out hill walking but the weather can close in so fast and leave you in thick fog / cloud - also useful to get a position co-ordinate if you need emergency services
Not sure why you wouldn't just use your phone for this, unless it's a Nokia 3310 or something  ;D . The What Three Words app can give you a precise location which it is then very easy to pass to the emergency services if necessary.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2020, 08:49:31 PM »
So fully charged it should last about 18 to 20 hours ?  says in Nextbase manual that the 3.7V  450mAh internal battery lasts about 30 minutes which gives 950mAh drain from power bank, although powerbank supplies power at more than 3.7 volts ( should a USB socket give 5 volts DC ).

These sort of devices usually use efficient DC-DC converter circuits, rather than simple voltage regulators which dissipate the excess voltage out as heat. You should hopefully be able to get a few more hours out of it, if the battery capacity is accurate.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2020, 09:10:42 PM »
As I said I very seldom park for more than 2 hours. so 4 hours capacity would do me. There were larger capacity Power Banks available, but the one I chose gave sufficient capacity at a good price (£18.99).

Tags:

anything