Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by eskatephil on Today at 08:30:26 PM »
After some thought I'm going to be less adventurous, and I probably won't go for the JOYING (thanks for the recommendation though UKJim). Main reason is I would like to be able to have some recourse if something goes wrong with the unit - I don't have the skills to troubleshoot and fix myself  ???

Apart from the Alpine ilx-750d system UKJim mentioned, can anyone recommend a good HU that plays nice with wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto? Ideally I'd like to keep the cost down to £500 (including parts and labour).

Thanks  :)

What do you expect to go “wrong”? You connect a few cables and customise buttons on the steering wheel. If you brake the OS (not sure how much you would have to be messing around to do so) then just factory restore. Joying is probably the safest option for a valid radio replacement for a Jazz

eskatephil I’ve ordered for AliExpress before, but never electrical items. I worry about the whole returns palava with electrical items (in the event it arrives faulty or goes bust) but perhaps I’m overthinking it.

Any pictures/videos you could share of your fitted JOYING HU?

Returns are easy - they provide a label and you ship it Royal Mail to an adres in the UK - if you are unsure then pay with PayPal so you got “insurance”
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Lincolnshire Rambler on Today at 08:20:53 PM »
Naturally people on here want to understand whats going wrong with a few cars . The failures are in the minority of owners . While unaffected by the brake simulator, as yet , its potential seems much bigger when you know you could happen yo u. All brands have failures and no doubt to some our issues are minor compared to other marques with engine and gearbox failures . Look at fords ecoboost wet timing belt failures that took ford many years to pay for outside warrantry.. VAG have many fragile DSG gearboxes in their group. And go to the bottom of the pile with jaguar landrover diesels consistently failing ..
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 08:09:58 PM »
Thanks UKJim, you answered my question  :)

No rattles suggests it’s a good fit - would be interesting to test it on a rough road -  cobbles and all.

I’m probably going to take a while to make a decision - I’m moving around a lot at the moment, so not had time to review and pick one.

I’m currently ranking in order of what I think I’ll go for:

JOYING
Pioneer SPH-EVO950DAB
Sony XAV-AX6050

I’d be blowing my budget for the latter two, but they all have pros and cons - just need to weigh them up.

Out of interest, what’s your favourite app to use on the JOYING?

No rattles on rough roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on Today at 08:04:51 PM »

No rattles suggests it’s a good fit - would be interesting to test it on a rough road -  cobbles and all.

I’m probably going to take a while to make a decision - I’m moving around a lot at the moment, so not had time to review and pick one.

JOYING
Pioneer SPH-EVO950DAB
Sony XAV-AX6050

I’d be blowing my budget for the latter two, but they all have pros and cons - just need to weigh them up.

Be careful with the Pioneer, a friend of mine had one in his Jazz and the first 2 had faulty screens within the first month before he ditched it & got his money back, was £200 fitting charges out of pocket. We replaced it with a Joying a few weeks ago & he’s happy now.

I don’t have a favourite app as I use CarPlay 100% of the time. I use Google Maps or Waze for Navigation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 07:59:06 PM »

JOYING
Pioneer SPH-EVO950DAB
Sony XAV-AX6050

« Last post by UKjim on Today at 05:43:17 PM »
Looks great. How is the JOYING fit? Is it snug?
Not quite sure what you mean. The fascia and screen on the Joying are as one with the HU being separate and connected to the screen by a ribbon cable, so there is no separate trim around the screen hence it being flush. The HU attaches to the screen/fascia via 4 plastic clips more or less the same as the Honda clips that hold the stock HU In place.

You remove the original clips from the stock HU & fit them to the screen/ fascia then you simply push the unit into the holes in the dash & that's it, the HU is not bolted in but supported by the 4 plastic clips.

I was sceptical that this was adequate but in reality it is so light that it is supported very well and I don't have any dash rattles.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda fit hybrid spares
« Last post by Keekster71 on Today at 05:34:42 PM »
I’ve got a 2008 Honda Fit R/S. so far most of the parts have been the same as the UK model. I did have to change the stereo for a Uk one but it was an easy swap
« Last post by zesty_bum on Today at 05:32:19 PM »
Looks great. How is the JOYING fit? Is it snug?
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by ninanina on Today at 05:28:54 PM »
I wonder why or how dealers can be so bad and still be in business?

Price wise there’s nothing in it between the Advance and a top spec Yaris

Apparently new car sales are not very good at the moment

If my local Toyota dealer shows the same disdain then I will not buy from them either.  However I am a customer of them already so I expect to be treated ok
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 05:28:04 PM »
After reading this thread I started a desperate search for the documentation I received when I bought the car on a 5 year package back in October 2021. Got that sinking feeling when I couldn't find it but I had misfiled in my somewhat disorganised filing system. I have the full 5 year warranty - it's in black and white.

My mind now made up - I'm keeping the car. I am learning to stop worrying thanks to Jazzik's wise words ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything