Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 14346 times)

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« on: July 07, 2020, 04:22:06 PM »
My Honda Plus electronics appears to be built into the Jazz Hybrid e:HEV and needs to be activated by the dealer.

The details of various options for the Jazz Hybrid e:HEV and Honda e are on the following link.
When I asked about My Honda on Saturday it sounded like a dongle was required, I have now asked about activating the Core Connectivity on my car which should be complementary, some of the other facilities are subscription based.

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda-plus/overview.html..html

My Honda Plus also seems to include eCall
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/travel/security-and-emergencies/emergency-assistance-vehicles-ecall/index_en.htm

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 06:59:48 PM »
That web page isn't very clear about what is free and what isn't. The vehicle has an embedded SIM and The Core Connectivity should be free but what does it include. The vehicle has an embedded SIM and should automatically call 112 in the event of a serious prang. That, I read, is an EU requirement for new vehicles and 112 will connect through to 999. Such calls can be made without any credit on the phone number.

One feature which interested me was the facility to find out the vehicle location using the My Honda app (not that I've so far mislaid my vehicle). That would require the My Honda app asking the Honda server to ask the vehicle for its location. I had assumed that this feature, plus the ring fencing alert, was included in the cost of the vehicle as the amount of data flowing back and forth would be minimal. Using the eSIM to service a WiFi hotspot, on the other hand, potentially involves some big data flows (eg kids watching YouTube) and hence the need for the subscription. I wait to see if the price is competitive.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 12:40:51 PM »
Further down the page this link  https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda-plus/overview.html..html
shows

Core Connectivity
Access a wide range of services.

Virtual Dashboard, Remote Lock/Unlock and Invite Driver. For the Honda e it includes Remote Climate Control and Remote Charge Control and much more.

Complimentary to the first named owner, second user a charge of £39

Safety & Journey Peace of mind at all times.

Digital Roadside Support. Geo-Fencing, POI sending to Sat-Nav, Car Locator, Journey History, Driving Score and Favourite Route Planner.

Free for the first year then £29 p/a (until third year)

The red Learn More link buttons give more information
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 01:38:19 PM by csp »

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 02:41:18 PM »
Sounds like these are optional features being subscription, but perhaps the emergency SOS call is free and built in already - activating in case of an accident if this is EU required. I think Vauxhall did a similar system called On Star. 

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 07:15:34 AM »
On the Mk 3, the My Honda thingy was an extra, you had to ask for the dongle. When I looked at this I was quite concerned about the privacy aspect. The system would collect a lot of personally-identifiable data such as location history, speed, plus a lot of other parameters that weren’t clearly identified. Nor was it very clear what Honda would be doing with that data in addition to the services they provide to the owner, and with whom they would be sharing it (law enforcement? Insurance companies? Anyone who is prepared to pay?). I don’t have anything to hide, but I do object to giving away this sort of thing unnecessarily. So do you have any choices about it if you buy a Mk 4? If it’s built into the car, do you have to agree to giving these data to Honda for them to use as they see fit? Or is there an opt-out?

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 07:36:41 AM »
The emergency SOS call is built into my Nextbase dash cam.  I don't have it enabled.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2020, 07:54:31 AM »
We live in a world of data mining,  it really is big ( read unbelievably massive ) business.... and all the smart devices people love so much hoover up everywhere you go and the exact times, everything you do, everything you look at online and every search you make.  Police have access to the video database of all those video doorbell cameras people are buying.  Now it may be used for good,  but could you also find yourself in trouble if the video shows you doing something that may be a grey area of law,  and they know when you are home, when you went out and what time and who your visitors have been, as well as your neigbours comings and goings....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 08:03:01 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2020, 09:33:03 AM »
We live in a world of data mining,  it really is big ( read unbelievably massive ) business.... and all the smart devices people love so much hoover up everywhere you go and the exact times, everything you do, everything you look at online and every search you make.  Police have access to the video database of all those video doorbell cameras people are buying.  Now it may be used for good,  but could you also find yourself in trouble if the video shows you doing something that may be a grey area of law,  and they know when you are home, when you went out and what time and who your visitors have been, as well as your neigbours comings and goings....

Exactly, but the point is with most tracking you can turn it off. They don't make it easy, but you can. Eg in a Google account (aka android phone) there are settings to turn off location tracking and browsing history, and with a doorbell you have the option to simply buy a different doorbell. My question was whether you have the option with a Mk 4 Jazz to turn it off, or whether the act of buying the car signifies your consent to Honda tracking you.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 04:19:32 PM »
The ecall emergency service seems to be activated and ready when the car is powered up but the Core Connectivity for MY Honda Plus is not activated. When I checked the dealer I bought the car from was still looking into this so they could activate it on their demonstrators. They were going to email me when the sorted it out.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 05:21:09 PM »
I was told this morning when I collected by Crosstar than Honda haven't yet activated the My Honda system but had promised the dealer that it would be ready this month.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2020, 06:32:26 AM »
Thanks for the info John, Honda Customer Services advised me to take the car to the local dealer for activation and they might charge for activation as the car was not bought form there. I will be contacting  Honda Customer Services again as any activation cost should be paid by Honda if the My Honda Plus system was not fully up and running at the time of sale, it is part of the car specification promoted in the brochure.

WolvesRoy

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz EXI-MMD CVT Hybrid
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 10:32:36 AM »
Have any Jazz 4 owners got working traffic updates on Navigation?My dealer has no info about it. They have a call in to Tech. Services and are awaiting reply.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 02:05:26 PM »
If this https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda-plus/overview.html is to be believed then step 1 is to install the My Honda+ app which I did this morning (I've looked for it previously and couldn't find it). The next step is to register an account, which I did. However, when I log with email and password then the app demands a verification code which it says has been sent by email and is valid for 5 minutes. I then wait and keep checking for the email which finally shows up after about 6 minutes. I enter the code, press submit and after a short pause the app says verification failed. I've tried innumerable times with the same result.

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2020, 04:33:14 PM »
No problem with the verification, the email arrived quite quickly. However,  couldn't pair it with the car. Create worked ok and it found the car from its VIN,  but it wouldn't connect.  The app generates a pin that is supposed to appear on the dashboard. All I got was a message from the app saying "Something went wrong" "Try again" every time.

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2020, 06:08:51 PM »
There seems to be a lack of good instructions for Jazz owners to set up and use My Honda Plus, and no effective process for new owners to provide feedback to Honda UK on the new model.

The standard approach is to refer owners to dealers who so far seem to be unable to provide adequate support for the new Tech designed into the car.

Tags:

anything