Author Topic: Replacing windscreen wiper blades  (Read 2838 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Replacing windscreen wiper blades
« on: March 15, 2018, 06:45:42 PM »
Has anyone managed to find a source for replacement rubbers (preferably silicone) that fit the Mk3 Jazz? The rear wiper is standard but the fronts are not. At the moment the only option I can find is to replace the entire wiper head assembly which seems a bit silly.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Replacing windscreen wiper blades
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »
Why skimp on a newish car costing thousands? A front set of Bosch good quality blades can be bought online for less than £18.

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/honda-jazz-years-2008-to-2018/bosch-aerotwin-ar26u-and-bosch-aerotwin-ar13u-twin-pack-wiper-blades/
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:35:36 PM by Deeps »

andruec

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:47:34 PM »
Why skimp on a newish car costing thousands? A front set of Bosch good quality blades can be bought online for less than £18.
And a typical set of silicone inserts costs £10. Rubber inserts half that (and I can find those online).

It's not about skimping. It's about not paying for things you don't need. I only need the blades replaced, nothing else. Plus, so far, all I've found is heads with rubber as you have posted (but thanks for that anyway). A friend of mine has silicone blades and they seem to do a better job.

I'm hoping that silicone will reduce the amount of tweaking I have to do to the wiper sensitivity. It's winding me up that I'm probably adjusting my wipers more than someone who doesn't have automatic wipers.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:52:32 PM by andruec »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 05:49:46 PM »
And a typical set of silicone inserts costs £10. Rubber inserts half that (and I can find those online).

It's not about skimping. It's about not paying for things you don't need. I only need the blades replaced, nothing else. Plus, so far, all I've found is heads with rubber as you have posted (but thanks for that anyway). A friend of mine has silicone blades and they seem to do a better job.

I'm hoping that silicone will reduce the amount of tweaking I have to do to the wiper sensitivity. It's winding me up that I'm probably adjusting my wipers more than someone who doesn't have automatic wipers.

Have tried silicone blades in the past,  they do leave a smear of silicone on the screen which can cause a misting / smearing effect.  They have a advantage winter as silicone rubber does not get torn by freezing to screen as easily as rubber, and ice does not stick as firmly,  but the film / smearing was too much for me.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything