Poll

If your Jazz suffers from water leaks in the boot, please tells us what year the car was registered

47 (22.6%)
36 (17.3%)
28 (13.5%)
36 (17.3%)
32 (15.4%)
23 (11.1%)
6 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Water in the boot / wet carpets (Honda Jazz 2002-2008)  (Read 128712 times)

guest3804

Re: Water in the boot / wet carpets
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2013, 12:43:50 PM »
Have just bought a 2007 Jazz secondhand (not from a Honda dealer) and found the wheel well with water in it.

Has anyone had the repair done by Honda for free?

Is there a Technical Bulletin nos I can quote please to the local dealer?

Thank you in advance.

54 Jazz owner

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
Took a couple of visits to the dealer to convince him of the problem, it only became apparent after the firstyear or so. They used a load of clear silicon in the join of the  roof and boot, well into the courners too. This fixed it permanently, its no neat but only visable when the boot is opened.

guest3860

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12:08 AM »
I know I'm dragging up an old thread but it's an issue i'm experiencing currently - only just bought the car aswell! (albeit 2nd hand). I have read that to fix the leak from the faulty roof seals you have to chop the old sealant out and re-seal. It looks like it's going to make a right old mess if I scrape/chop the sealant, has anyone managed to fix the leak by spreading silicon over the cracked sealant rather than going the whole hog?  :-X

guest2963

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »
My hubby found a wet spare wheel well,  :-[ and traced it to the roof rail /roof join , he then cleaned it but left the old sealer in place, but used body sealer on top and left to set, then just painted it with black paint , (carefully!) :D until we get correct paint........  no wetness yet  :)

guest1232

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
I know I'm dragging up an old thread but it's an issue i'm experiencing currently - only just bought the car aswell! (albeit 2nd hand). I have read that to fix the leak from the faulty roof seals you have to chop the old sealant out and re-seal. It looks like it's going to make a right old mess if I scrape/chop the sealant, has anyone managed to fix the leak by spreading silicon over the cracked sealant rather than going the whole hog?  :-X
Buy some black Sikaflex and simply clean the old sealant surface/channel with white spirit, apply masking tape to the sides of the channel and gun the sealant down the middle. Get some water mixed 50/50 with washing up liquid and dip your finger in, then run your finger along the new sealant to smooth it, pull off the tape and you're fixed. Any excess can be removed with white spirit.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 04:09:22 PM »
Sikaflex is awesome - its an industrial / construction polyurethane sealant / adhesive  - it can also be used to seal the leaky place on the Civic where the spoiler joins the rear window.  it is much better than silicon.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest3860

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2013, 03:43:11 PM »
"Buy some black Sikaflex and simply clean the old sealant surface/channel with white spirit, apply masking tape to the sides of the channel and gun the sealant down the middle. Get some water mixed 50/50 with washing up liquid and dip your finger in, then run your finger along the new sealant to smooth it, pull off the tape and you're fixed. Any excess can be removed with white spirit."

Sounds like a plan, thank you.

Jem

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Honda Jazz sport 1.4 In blue! :D
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 03:03:19 AM »
I have the wet boot problem, and I have not figured out if its the joint at the top under the rubber strip. Last time I looked it did not look cracked. So it could be the boot struts.

I might get some of the Sikaflex, I know this seems like a obvious and maybe silly question but is there any difference between the colours of sikaflex? so if I got the white its no different to the black stuff?

Thanks.

Jeremy

guest1232

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 12:34:39 PM »
You will have to remove the rear part of the trim that runs along the roof joints, it simply unclips, you don't need to remove it completely.

The colour of Sikaflex isn't important, it's all good stuff and pretty well indestructible.

Jem

• Approved Member
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2013, 07:01:15 PM »
Cool thanks, first thing I am going to try is sealing around the boot gas struts to see if that is where the water is getting in.

guest1232

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
It probably won't be the gas strut mounts, if you look at the roof seal channel you will see tiny little cracks in the paint, anyway, it isn't a difficult fix as long as you get the area clean with a bit of white spirit first. Use masking tape to cover the bits you don't want to seal though, Sikaflex will even adhere to a damp surface, like sh1t to a blanket as they say !!

;D

Jem

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 03:45:54 PM »
When I did look before I could not see any cracks. But will do it if the struts does not work.

guest3804

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 11:50:36 PM »
Update:

Spoke with Honda customer services to enquire about this issue and whilst they played coy they were clearly aware of the problem. I said if I took the car to the local dealer (Colchester) would they be prepared to meet the cost if the dealer did not - they indicated they would certainly review it.

So off I went to GH and discussed the problem with the service reception and had it booked in (I mentioned that I had spoken with Honda directly and they had acknowledged the problem and would review the costs as necessary).

End result they re-sealed the gutters and so far the boot is dry. The dealer did try and request an inspection fee but I politely argued the point in my favour.

My Jazz is a 2007 model which may have been a factor.

guest1232

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2013, 08:26:55 PM »
With a user name like Aqua, surely you need water in the boot ??

;D ;D

guest3804

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
 :-X  :D

With a user name like Aqua, surely you need water in the boot ??

;D ;D

Tags: