Poll

If your Jazz suffers from water leaks in the boot, please tells us what year the car was registered

47 (22.6%)
36 (17.3%)
28 (13.5%)
36 (17.3%)
32 (15.4%)
23 (11.1%)
6 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Water in the boot / wet carpets (Honda Jazz 2002-2008)  (Read 128617 times)

guest1285

Re: Water in the boot / wet carpets
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 03:09:39 PM »
I had terrible problems with water in spare wheel well and rear passenger seat wells and after reading forums rang Honda customer service at the time my electric window had the recall. Contacted local dealer (My car was registered Feb 05). They said it would be done under warranty and it was fixed last week foc. it was a 2 day job and they supplied a courtesy car and hopefully no more problems!! Really pleased with the service I received.
Sue

guest1325

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:31:38 AM »
Having just purchased an 03 Jazz I spoke with the local dealership re water in the spare wheel well. They are aware of the problem and said that Honda had increased the warranty period by three years and although my jazz is one year outside this period  they will still do the repair as a gesture to a new customer.

Regards

Chris

guest1390

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
Have discovered water in the spare wheel well of our 2003 Jazz, when getting the jack out. Had not noticed it before but then you do not get the jack out very often :)
Will monitor it now as to what the cause is.

guest1372

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »
Failed roof seam sealant:

Been in to Marshall Honda York today to have window switch recall attended to, still can't convince them to fix the water leak via the failed roof seam sealant. They are as disinterested in helping me with this as they were with the failed rear wheel bearing.
I've had my car since 2002, so realise that the warranty is getting a very thin now, but had hoped that water coming through a hole in the body would be covered by the 12yr bodywork perforation warranty - alas no joy according to Marshall Honda. I wonder what they would do if it ended up rusting though the spare wheel well?
They have offered to 'diagnose' it for me and perform a chargeable repair.

Has any one paid for this work, and if so how much did it cost?
Alternatively has anyone had this fixed after more than six years?

It seems a shame when cars treated with care just outlast the various warranty periods, if I had stressed this car all these common faults would have failed earlier & been fixed f.o.c.

TG, York

http://www.york-honda.co.uk/showroom/  MAR479

guest1828

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2010, 10:16:07 AM »
this is just what my Jazz is suffering from, so thanks all, and TG, for pinpointing the issue, and now I'll get it sorted!

Happy New Year everyone!  :-*

guest1939

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
The wheel well in the boot of my Honda Jazz keeps filling with water, which then splashes out and "floods" the rear of the car. I think the rain water is coming in through the boot seal around the boot locking catch.
Any one else seen this ?
Fixes greatly appreciated ?

Thanks in advance.

----- Double Post Prevention - new post below: 1297877442 -----
Had the same problem with water in the wheel well in a 2007 Jazz with 13k genuine miles.
Contacted the supplying Honda mail dealer. (Rowes of Plymouth) who said they are aware of this problem but it is not covered by the warranty. Despite mentioning that other people have had this repair carried out under warranty if the car was less than 6 years old. They informed up this was only applicable if the car was registered 2002-2006
They did the job for £114 inc vat and said the water was coming in from the boot hinges.  The car has been very well looked after and serviced by Rowes of Plymouth from new at the correct intervals.
I am very disappointed that this repair does not come  under the warranty considering the car is less than 4 years old. Honda know about the fault and must think that it is normal for one of their cars to start filling up with water after its 3 years old.

guest1828

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
@bernharvey, I sympathize with your predicament; especailly as your car is a 2007 model...thought they would have learnt from previous complaints!

I just got my car done today and it cost me £358, and Honda UK refused to pay for it, and didn't even offer any gesture of a discount towards the repair!  The only help I got was with the car dealer I bought it from, who offered £150 in compensation towards the repair!

I have to say if your main dealer did the repair correctly, then you got away lightly with sofar as cost is concerned! Let's hope we both have no recurrance of this issue! ;)

btw, check your rear passenger footwells and make sure they're dry, as I also had water going in there from the passenger doors!

guest2896

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2011, 08:35:04 PM »
Hi,
I've just found some water in the right hand side of the boot in my 2006 Jazz. This is probably a stupid question, but can someone please tell me how to remove the roof gutter trim to look for any cracking in the roof seam sealant?
Many thanks
Sarah

guest1828

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 10:25:53 PM »
Hi Sarah

it's quite a messy job, and in all honesty, it's better to let Honda deal with the repair, as at least it will be under warranty if it fails!

guest2896

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2011, 11:00:20 PM »
Hi Reedswood,
Thanks for replying. As you say, if it's the seal cracked then it's probably best to get the garage to sort it. However, I was hoping to check that it actually is the seal before I go to them, so I need to get the gutter trim off first, to take a look, and I don't know how to do that.

I'm not completely sure it is the seal, because the water seems to be coming from around the triangular access panel behind the rear light cluster, then in over the plastic trim below the panel. I don't want the garage to charge me for investigating, then say that it's something not covered by the warranty.
Many thanks
Sarah

guest1828

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:26 PM »
you can just strip off a foot from the rear, and you should see if it looks dried and cracked, but reads the same as my complaint and needs a little more than just the rubber renewed etc to seal out the rain..Honda are all to aware of this issue, too, so they will ensure it's water tight if they do the work...did you buy it from a Honda dealer? if so, check with them if this compaint is still under Warranty as your car is 2006, si it just might still be covered as it's under 5 years old...be quick and book it in for a survey...it should be free!

guest2921

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 03:18:03 PM »
thanks to John's post (Feb 10th, 2010) for v helpful repair pictures. I had the same problem as everyone here (water in spare wheel well in 2002 Jazz). I checked the roof gutter strip and it was cracked in a small area. I sealed over the affected area of the gutter and down to the door hinge with a layer of RTV silicone. I also sealed the door hinge fix points with red gasket from a motor factor. A quick easy job, even on a cold winter day. No leeks after lots of heavy rain.  thanks.

guest1240

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 09:39:51 PM »
I have recently noticed water in the boot, both sides. Has anyone found that the water was coming in behind the back lights and not the roof seams? The water seems to be on the access panel to the lights. If so what was done to repair?

guest2765

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
my car does occasionally get water in the spare wheel bit. I keep an eye on it, does seem that it only happens if its been snowing...

guest1240

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 10:30:31 AM »
I think i have found a product that might help - captaintolley.com , well its worth a try!

Tags:

anything