Author Topic: Fixed or Variable Servicing?  (Read 143740 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
Re: Fixed or Variable Servicing?
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2011, 12:27:32 AM »

thanks for the reply

did it take an hour because they had to switch the computer off?

mine is already off as they didnt switch it on so i hope i just get a sticker on the book

dave

• Registered Member
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 09:23:35 AM »
My dealer asked me at the first service if I would like them to turn the variable off. I said ok. I don't think it takes long to do.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »
I've told the salesman, sort it on the pre-delivery inspection  ;D

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
I was offered the option of the variable service when I got my new Jazz. I declined and, as far as I know, the SVRS system wasn't activated.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2011, 05:45:31 PM »
well its good to know i have a choice at the first service, thanks

guest907

« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2011, 01:33:00 AM »
I had the dealer switch mine off at the first annual service.There is a sticker on the service book now that states servicing is 12,500 miles or 1 year.

guest1370

« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
The service reminder system is inherently defective (confirmed by Honda's own main dealers), and so far Honda UK has been abysmal in correcting the multiple problems I have experienced, and have only been advised to have it switched off. So much for their wonderful Variable Servicing design, which I foolishly thought would save me servicing costs as I'm a low mileage user. I am now seeking legal advice as my purchase of a new Jazz model was influenced by an operational SRS. All Honda Jazz owners with this problem should jointly challenge Honda UK/Japan to find a solution as after the 3 year warrantee expires you will be on your own.

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
What does the variable service indicator give re service mileage/time??  I'll be doing about 7k a year at max and have the 4 years included servicing included in the car.  Obviously it'll be annually if I have SRS switched off but does that mean if it's on it goes in when it hits 12,500 miles?

PS it's a new MY12 Jazz ES CVT that is due at the dealer shorty. :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 12:19:45 PM by D3DSL »

guest1370

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2011, 12:56:43 PM »
Your vehicle should have had the SRS (service reminder system) turned on at the PDI (pre delivery inspection) by your Honda dealer. Honda specify that all UK spec Jazz models should be using this variable service system. Mine wasn't and I wasn't given any option by the dealer and I only found out later. After many complaints to Honda UK Customer Relations they arranged to have it turned on at the first annual service, but has been defective since. In theory the 5 year service plan they sold me at the outset does not correspond to the variable service schedule in the Service Book. At present I am taking this up with Honda UK as it's unfit for purpose and they have failed to sort out the problem after 2 years. To check if your system has been activated just press the Sel/Reset button on the steering wheel until the MID shows an 'A' or 'B' together with either a day/mileage countdown. If you cannot bring up this display it has never been turned on (see page 317 of "How It Works" or page 14 of your "Quick Reference Guide". I hope this helps. 

D3DSL

• Approved Member
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2011, 01:09:28 PM »
Cheers, just trying to work out what would be better for my Jazz arriving shortly.  Dealer's salesman says it's 12 months or 12,500 miles, he didn't really know about the variable servicing.

guest1370

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2011, 01:18:49 PM »
This one unresolved problem has really damaged my faith in Honda and the fact that they are now selling cars at their dealerships where salesman haven't done there homework. Perhaps this is because they may earn more commission by selling you the 4/5 year service plans. The best of luck. Ignoring this, the car has been excellent, but the absence of a spare temporary/full wheel still worries me. Check out my other posting.

D3DSL

• Approved Member
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2011, 01:25:20 PM »
This'll be our 4th Jazz, 1st new type and 1st CVT so looking forward to it.  It has free 4 year servicing (4 services) now and knew it didn't have a spare so haggled one into the deal using the old "include the spare and I'll order it" line.   ;D  I've also just bought a second set of ES alloys for winter tyres, car may spend chunks of its life in N Scotland in winter so proper winter tyres are a must.  Just got to get the car as it's delayed a bit. :(

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 09:24:17 PM »
I've merged the several (???) topics on this subject we've accumulated over the years into one.

guest1370

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
Thank you RichardA for merging my postings regarding this topic. I'm not sure how you register a thank you on the forum, so I thought I'd post it as you obviously do a lot of work as administrator. I will update everyone once I receive a reply to my letter of complaint from Honda Customer Relations.

guest1370

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
I think it's disgraceful that with this subject going back to 28 June 2009 and with 71 replies and 6,371 views Honda have not picked up on this as many of the replies mention that they had contacted the Honda UK helpline. So much confusion given by them and the Honda Dealerships resulting in unhappy owners. What do you think?  >:(

Tags:

anything