Author Topic: Side mouldings  (Read 5179 times)

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
Side mouldings
« on: November 23, 2015, 04:23:06 PM »
We have finally got the side mouldings which are part of the protection pack put on. They were not available when we took delivery.

What do you think?

Not sure myself. If they get hit by a shopping trolley they will show the scuff. Same as if they weren't there.  Probably not worth it.

harry22673

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
Re: Side mouldings
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 04:50:31 PM »
I'd say they will be worth it to an extent as the plastic will absorb a little bit of the impact
And they make some more curves which is always good

guest4477

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:56:39 PM »
sorry not one bit of good and when they get damaged they will still need painting better of without...

guest1385

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 08:11:29 AM »
I have them fitted to Sunset Orange but had them left black.  Good looking and probably more serviceable.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 08:44:51 AM »
Sorry, but the more I see of the new Jazz the less I like it and those mouldings just look a mess (all INVHO of course)

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »
I think that they are in the wrong place, they need to be higher up on the bulge in the door which is where most impact damage will occur.
I am thinking of other car doors and shopping baskets and trolleys hitting the door.

Vic.

jazzygirl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
Is it possible to get a non Honda or universal set of rubber strips?  I had my last car 5 years and only damage was to the rear perhaps from trollies scraping lower bumper or some car  parking badly (perhaps  me!).    I miss old style bumpers.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »
Sorry don't like them, glad I did not get them, but if we all liked/disliked the same things life would be so boring.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 05:27:27 PM »
Is it possible to get a non Honda or universal set of rubber strips?  I had my last car 5 years and only damage was to the rear perhaps from trollies scraping lower bumper or some car  parking badly (perhaps  me!).    I miss old style bumpers.

I don't know if there are universal ones, but we just got a VW Tiguan which has a crease along the door just at the point where another car door would hit it - our got scraped first trip out in it, but thankfully it polished out.

We got some plain black bumpers off eBay which are sized to fit Tiguan but there's not reason you couldn't stick them on any flat surface, assuming they'd fit.  One Tiquan owner had some Peugeot 206 bumpers kicking around so he used those!

Got ours from this seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pawa-poland/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

guest5669

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 06:01:41 PM »
I like the mouldings think look great. I wouldn't like those alloys on mine nightmare to clean and they don't compliment the new Jazz IMO sorry mate, loving the blue paint. ;)

Paulwhitt20

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 07:51:52 PM »
I like the mouldings think look great. I wouldn't like those alloys on mine nightmare to clean and they don't compliment the new Jazz IMO sorry mate, loving the blue paint. ;)

Thanks. Yes the wheels are hard to clean. Use a brush.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 07:58:31 PM »
Is it possible to get a non Honda or universal set of rubber strips?  I had my last car 5 years and only damage was to the rear perhaps from trollies scraping lower bumper or some car  parking badly (perhaps  me!).    I miss old style bumpers
Look here http://shop.automotiva.co.uk/en/20-honda
Other forum members (not me) have used these in the past, and you can get them colour coded as well.

Tags:

anything