Author Topic: Parking sensors?  (Read 3815 times)

jazzygirl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015
Parking sensors?
« on: November 07, 2015, 11:21:06 PM »
So this new car has lovely camera for showing rear when reversing.  But does that mean no audio beepers?  I would rather be manoevering in old fashioned way (looking behind instead of screen to front!)  and have a beeper to help until I get used to the new set up.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Parking sensors?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 10:30:48 AM »
Ex has front and rear "beepers" as does the Se, the s does not have any (if my memory serves me right)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »
I can see the sensors on the bumper area.... must go study the bible again :)

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 12:22:47 PM »
There are switches to the right of the steering column low down, one is to turn the audible sounds on an off.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 03:27:05 PM »
And you need to use that switch under certain conditions such as narrow country lanes because the sensors start beeping when you move close to a hedge.

However, my main complain about the sensors is that the continuous beep starts too far away (14" IIRC) whereas 6" would be much more helpful when maneouvering in a tight space.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 09:20:09 PM »
Never found a need for parking sensors on a Jazz because visibility is pretty good and rear window is literally the back of the car,  Civic is a different matter as the small rear side windows,  thick rear pillar and split rear windscreen make it very difficult to judge where rear of car is. The rear spoiler is fantastic for keeping following headlights out of your mirror though.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzygirl

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 03:08:48 PM »
Yes I agree the rear view with mirrors is decent.  I shall prob keep up with previous habit  but I know a relative was keen to get camera as good if neck/back problems in turning around.

Tags: