Author Topic: Infotainment Queries  (Read 2363 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Infotainment Queries
« on: November 12, 2015, 09:52:10 PM »
Still getting to grips with the infotainment in my shiny new Jazz ! Can anyone help with the following:

1. Having stored a number of DAB stations as pre-sets, how do you get a list of those pre-sets on the screen so you can select the one you want ?

2. When listening to DAB, is it possible to get the traffic info messages that are delivered via RDS on an FM radio ? Or is there a DAB equivalent ?

Thanks in advance.

guest5734

Re: Infotainment Queries
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:34 AM »
1. I believe you just need to press the screen wherever you want, and the list will pop up.

2. No idea, but I'm interested.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »
When the display is on the radio, just above the fast forward arrows on the scan 'button' there is a little symbol that looks like a ladder, touch that and a list of stored stations is displayed.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

ColinB

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 01:56:34 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Trebor1652: I don't see any little ladder symbol, so either we have different radios or I'm looking at a different screen to you.

Vateriel: that seems to be it. There's no obvious button on the screen, but I discovered that by randomly tapping there are certain places that toggle the display between the pre-set list and the station actually playing. Thanks for that.

RDS traffic info: after some googling, it looks like DAB does not actually carry traffic info in the same way that FM does. Some people report that they do get traffic interruptions when they listen to DAB, but this may be caused by the last TP FM station they listened to still being on in the background, so when that gets a traffic announcement it breaks into the DAB broadcast. I think. I thought DAB was supposed to be the future, but this seems to be going backwards.

Tags:

anything