Author Topic: Good v bad  (Read 18724 times)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
Good v bad
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:13 AM »
Hello all.
Having had my new Jazz for best part of a week now I thought I would share some personal good/ bad observations about it.
These are not comprehensive just ones that come immediately to mind. ...
BAD
Still awaiting floor mats on back order
No passenger side drinks bottle well.
Squeaky windscreen wipers.
No storage for manual under fold up back seat.
No jack, wheel brace.
General squeaks and noises.
Paintwork seems inferior.
Inside looks more "plasticy ".
Headlights unpredictable.
Lacks operating simplicity.
GOOD
Has " Big car " feel and drive.
Better sound system.
Retractable wing mirrors.
Mobile phone compatibility
1.3 engine.

All in all I feel it's a better car. BUT  time will tell.
I loved mk2.

csp

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
Re: Good v bad
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 10:22:50 AM »
I agree with your list, after cleaning the windscreen and wiper blades the wipers are better now.

Both my wife and I don't think there is as much space in the front in the new Jazz compared with the previous model, but there is more space in the back!

The CVT performance on my car seems to have improved after a few miles and I am also getting more used to driving an auto now.

Mr Onion

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 23 Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Advance in Crystal Black
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 10:54:50 AM »
Personally I think the new Jazz interior looks very plastically and a bit too 'bling'

We are keeping Bess (as Mrs O has christened her) for the foreseeable.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:29:32 PM by Mr Onion »

guest5685

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »
When I went down the Honda dealership to test out the Mk3 I loved the look of it but it was 2inches narrower ( about 5cms to all you young 'un's).

It seemed taller too.

But after a lot of thought I decided to keep Wanda.

guest3042

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
I am also pondering over a move to the new Jazz. Sidot's BAD list seems to outnumber the GOOD, which doesn't encourage me to switch.
My Jazz Hybrid has retractable mirrors and mobile phone compatibility, so that is not a deal-maker either.
However, I have still to have a test drive, as my other half is in love with the Hybrid which she thinks is pretty. It may be a while before I can convince her the new Jazz is prettier. Maybe she will go for the bling factor.
Thanks for all the pointers.

Gittje

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 04:36:58 PM »
We had a testdrive with a comfort Jazz MK3 with Honda connect and we haven't found anything better than on our Jazz CVT ES Plus form june 2014.

We don't like the bling factor nor the Honda Connect. The Mk3 lost boot volume and other more practical little storage places in comparison with our current Jazz. The turning circle is also bigger. We'll keep our Es Plus!

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 05:10:22 PM »
it was a 1.3 (1349cc) engine before they just called it 1.4 as they had a 1.2 and the states and japan called it a 1.3 as they had a 1.5

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »
For me, one key good point is the much reduced glare reflected onto the windscreen when driving into the sun. I found the bright and dark glare pattern on the previous Jazz to be very hard on the eyes. Polarising sunglasses could reduce the problem but often made everything a bit dark.

Overall aerodynamics seem to be improved and I've noticed less wind noise when the front windows are slightly open. The extra back seat leg room means significantly more floor space for putting things on.

The parking sensors are useful but enter the continuous beep mode at too great a distance (I read 14" somewhere) and I want to know when I'm only 6" away from bumping or scraping the paint

Another good point is the two USB ports

I'm happy to not have the passenger side bottle holder - taller objects put there on the old model blocked the driver's view of the mirror.

However, the bad points are more numerous and include:

- Uncontrollable auto headlights
- Unpredictable auto idle stop
- Honda Connect seems to be a waste of space and having to press the OK button (usually several times to get it to register) on the big screen is a PITA - it wasn't required on the old radio
- The wipers leave an unwiped strip about three inches wide on the right side by the A pillar. Rain seems to collect there resulting in a significant reduction in visibility (the old Jazz also left an unwiped strip but the recessed windscreen on the new model means that water doesn't run / get blown off easily)

Regarding changing from the hybrid, I've mentioned at the top one key factor in my decision. The other was my hybrid's annoying habit of changing from Assist to Charge part way up a long hill. That could have been fixed by a software update that my dealer assured me had never been issued. However, I seem to have swapped two annoying features for several more. Perhaps, if we make enough clamour, Honda will fix them. I am surprised that the press reviewers didn't pick up the issues we have now identified.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 10:41:00 PM »
I was wondering if this is a case of teething problems and that later cars will have ironed any glitches out. Then I realise it's been in production for a year - we were just at the end of the queue here in the UK.

I must admit I do like the external appearance. It has more "presence."

Paulwhitt20

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Various
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 10:48:37 PM »
I think the space in the back is ridiculously large. I would prefer 10 cm less and make the car 10 cm shorter. It would fit in the garage better then. My wife got soaked by water running off the tailgate when she opened it. The build quality seems to be cutting corners to save a few quid. Not as good as the mk 1 jazz. The technology is over the top for this sort of car and is not properly thought out. I think it is there just to get the NCAP ratings up.

On the plus side. The ride is smoother and quieter.

guest5664

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 06:30:12 AM »
Sidot mentioned: "paintwork seems inferior"
This is not the first time that i have heard it over Honda's paintwork.....

Dacia cars after 3 or 4 years are totally corroded, i hope that Honda is not like that.

Is it really soooo bad?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 10:48:45 AM »
I think Honda paint is very soft. If you go on car detailing sites you will often find references to this. I haven't found this means the cars rust more than others though but they are more prone to chipping.

guest5679

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 04:34:26 PM »
When I went down the Honda dealership to test out the Mk3 I loved the look of it but it was 2inches narrower (about 5cms to all you young 'un's).

It seemed taller too.

Looking at the specs of the Mk2 and Mk3, the overall width of the Mk2, excluding wing mirrors, is 1695mm compared to 1694mm for the Mk3, a difference of only 1mm.  If you include the wing mirrors, the widths are 2029mm for the Mk2 and 1980mm for the Mk3, a difference of 49mm, about 2 inches.

guest4871

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 05:20:33 PM »
The new model is bigger.

The length is 5cm longer.

The height profile of the side has increased by 6.5cm (2.5cm higher roof and 4cm less ground clearance).

Therefore, higher, lower and slimmer (but only if you use wing mirrors!).

guest5643

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »
I like the smaller mirrors on the MK3,couldn't get my MK2 in the garage without folding the mirrors,no problem now

Tags: