Author Topic: Jazz security.  (Read 15483 times)

guest8014

Re: Jazz security.
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 06:39:56 PM »
OK, getting a new Jazz soon. reading this bit worried. How doI get my keyless fobs protected when I stick them in my pocket?

And any advice while I'm putting keys away at home?

Thanks.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »
OK, getting a new Jazz soon. reading this bit worried. How doI get my keyless fobs protected when I stick them in my pocket?
Protected from what?

guest8014

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:44 AM »
Like CCs prevent them being read. I am not used to this tech. If a hacker wants to get access to the vehicle I understand this is none by signalling the fob from a remote program (not the vehicle). Stop that happening.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 12:15:39 PM »
If anyone thinks their Jazz, or any other car is at risk of being stolen this may be a cheap solution.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6363671/Driver-demonstrates-simple-tip-beat-car-hackers-keys-DRINKS-can.html

guest8014

« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
I read that, thanks. I have ordered some pouches for the keys when carrying around but I do notice in my Jazz a small pouch to the right of the steering wheel. Is this intended for the keys while driving. It does not seem big enough for a cup.

What about a metal can like the smaller Garden Peas. I assume they are not aluminium bit tin coat steel?

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 04:09:21 PM »
It is a cup or bottle holder to the right of the steering wheel, you gently pull it and the front opens towards you. I think the can key shielder is meant for the house but your pouches will do the same job. Are you also protecting your credit and debit cards?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:46:09 PM by Skyrider »

guest8014

« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 04:20:16 PM »
Well I have a 18 Jazz EX and I know to pull it open just looks too small. I was just wondering if it is size to keep the keys there as if someone approaches the car with the aim to grab the keys... maybe I'm being paranoid!

Hey! I was just musing. Is there a way of putting a virus on my CC so that if it's cloned it can be transferred and I can get at the cloners bank account? Let's say recover double every time they swipe the clone! DLOL.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2018, 06:50:20 PM »
I only use that holder for a small  bottle of water, the Aircon vent helps keep it cool. You can put your keys or anything else anywhere you like in your car. A 1.3 EX eh, missed a trick there, should have bought a 1.5, much nicer to drive.

guest8014

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2018, 08:52:55 PM »
PS was the OP answered as to leaving the car with engine running? I assume if one locks the car the engine will stop.

Tags:

anything