Author Topic: Volkswagen.  (Read 1159 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Volkswagen.
« on: April 16, 2019, 08:51:25 AM »
As if Volkswagen couldn't get any dirtier, today, speaking at the Shanghai Motor Show, Volkswagen chief executive Herbert Diess told the BBC that he is "not aware" of reports about detention camps holding thousands of Muslims in parts of China. The background to this story is that Volkswagen has been building cars in Xinjiang, the provence where these camps are, for seven years.
The same mentality that denied the concentration camps during WWII.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-47944767/vw-boss-not-aware-of-china-s-detention-camps

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
Re: Volkswagen.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 12:05:51 PM »
I hate VW full stop! Had 4 of them: Derby x2, Jetta and Polo Coupe, when I was young-because my parents brought them. Unreliable, problematic, lack of equipment, and dealership run by cowboys. I will never buy one again. After  the Jetta, I persuade them to buy the Civic Bel-Air. Had it for 17 yrs and never looked back! It was definitely a breath of"fresh air"!!! Whole concept of Honda was opposite to that of VW.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:28:24 PM »
As if Volkswagen couldn't get any dirtier, today, speaking at the Shanghai Motor Show, Volkswagen chief executive Herbert Diess told the BBC that he is "not aware" of reports about detention camps holding thousands of Muslims in parts of China. The background to this story is that Volkswagen has been building cars in Xinjiang, the provence where these camps are, for seven years.
The same mentality that denied the concentration camps during WWII.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/business-47944767/vw-boss-not-aware-of-china-s-detention-camps

Jocko. Be careful now. There have been some interesting and grown up discussions on this board but they are clearly subject to close scrutiny from certain parties. I have had three of my posts dissected, presumably under orders.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 12:32:50 PM »
I hate VW full stop! Had 4 of them: Derby x2, Jetta and Polo Coupe, when I was young-because my parents brought them. Unreliable, problematic, lack of equipment, and dealership run by cowboys. I will never buy one again. After  the Jetta, I persuade them to buy the Civic Bel-Air. Had it for 17 yrs and never looked back! It was definitely a breath of"fresh air"!!! Whole concept of Honda was opposite to that of VW.

Dieselgate was the last straw for many of us.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 12:38:47 PM »
They seem determined to trash what's left of their reputation.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 11:58:52 AM »
I gave up with VW when they ditched air cooled Beetles, then they cleared out all their traditional garage network to be replaced with free coffee and £££ for servicing in out of town glass built sheds.

Tags: