Author Topic: Green Party Manifesto  (Read 9666 times)

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Green Party Manifesto
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2019, 02:02:26 PM »
Interesting guide to how you should tactically vote in England to ensure Brexit happens
Don't really see how that pertains to saving the planet.

It's simple.
Brexit cures all known problems.

Too high taxes? Brexit will sort it.
Too low spending?Brexit will sort it

Too few nurses? Brexit will sort it
Too many immigrants?Brexit will sort it

Food prices too high? Brexit will sort it
Farmers losing EU food subsidies? Brexit will sort it
Fishing areas overfished? Brexit will sort it

And so on

(all based on real political promises.. I am not making it up)

See also
The pound in your pocket will not be devalued . H WIlson.
There are WMD in Iraw. A Blair.
No Tory boom and bust (promised several times)  G Brown
We will cut immigration into the UK..D Cameron

There is a clear pattern there.. 

Anyone believing  the promises of a politician? Naive and a fool..

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2019, 02:56:32 PM »
Interesting guide to how you should tactically vote in England to ensure Brexit happens
Don't really see how that pertains to saving the planet.

It's simple.
Brexit cures all known problems.

Too high taxes? Brexit will sort it.
Too low spending?Brexit will sort it

Too few nurses? Brexit will sort it
Too many immigrants?Brexit will sort it

Food prices too high? Brexit will sort it
Farmers losing EU food subsidies? Brexit will sort it
Fishing areas overfished? Brexit will sort it

And so on

(all based on real political promises.. I am not making it up)

Fix it or fux it ?

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2019, 03:00:10 PM »
I'm sure my Honda Jazz will just keep soldiering  :D
Cockroaches in Honda Jazzes.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2019, 03:18:41 PM »
China produces more CO2 and Methane than the US, Europe and Japan combined. The UK produces 2% of the worlds total.
If the UK reverted back to the Stone Age, overnight, it would make no difference to global warming. Only a whole world approach will make any difference, and that will never happen. We're all doooomed!
UK, USA and mainland Europe ran up heavy carbon accounts in 19th and 20th centuries and latterly by outsourcing heavy industry to the Far East.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »
We used to do a lot of parts for JLR and other car makers,  they used to claim they were greener because they didn't move the parts around themselves but used third party haulage companies to move the stuff ( instead of their own wagons like they used to ) - so the transport carbon went off their companies books and onto the transport company - talk about fudging it... and this happens so often it is just not funny...
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest4871

« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »
China produces more CO2 and Methane than the US, Europe and Japan combined. The UK produces 2% of the worlds total.
If the UK reverted back to the Stone Age, overnight, it would make no difference to global warming. Only a whole world approach will make any difference, and that will never happen. We're all doooomed!
UK, USA and mainland Europe ran up heavy carbon accounts in 19th and 20th centuries and latterly by outsourcing heavy industry to the Far East.

CO2 emissions were pretty level from the 1800s until the 1960s, since when they have quadrupled mostly from huge population growth and industrialisation in poor countries like China, India, Brazil and Indonesia (and Central Africa without the industrialisation) which has wildly improved their local standard of living (whilst the standard of living of the developed world has stagnated) and, of course, from hugely increased consumer consumption across the world since the 1950's.

It is interesting to match a graph of the increase in CO2 and a graph the increase in world population since, say, 1800.

The UK's 2% must be well within the range of experimental inaccuracy of the world estimates.

No one in these conversations mentions the action of the cycles of the Sun on the Earth's climate. Until that is included these conversations about CO2 are pretty meaningless as CO2 production is only one of many issues.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »
Cannot do a lot about what went before, especially things that happened before scientists realised what was happening with global warming.
As for outsourcing heavy industry to the Far East, I think that was a choice we would have preferred not to have been forced into.

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2019, 07:05:35 PM »

CO2 emissions were pretty level from the 1800s until the 1960s, since when they have quadrupled mostly from huge population growth and industrialisation in poor countries like China, India, Brazil and Indonesia (and Central Africa without the industrialisation) which has wildly improved their local standard of living (whilst the standard of living of the developed world has stagnated) and, of course, from hugely increased consumer consumption across the world since the 1950's.

It is interesting to match a graph of the increase in CO2 and a graph the increase in world population since, say, 1800.

The UK's 2% must be well within the range of experimental inaccuracy of the world estimates.

No one in these conversations mentions the action of the cycles of the Sun on the Earth's climate. Until that is included these conversations about CO2 are pretty meaningless as CO2 production is only one of many issues.
[/b]

Well those appear to have little credibility..

I still have forecasts of solar cycles and a globall ice age coming.. from the 1970s..

I suspect volcanic dust## pays a far greater part... and what's our record on forcasting volcanic activity like? Non existent..

### From largescale eruptions... - or the eimpacts of a large comet or meteor..

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2019, 06:33:06 PM »
My mother-in-law is 95, infirm, and has forgotten how to sign her name. And is devastated that she will not be able to vote on Thursday! How many of the younger generation are that enthused?

madasafish

• Approved Member
« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »
I have a choice :
A party run by a profligate perpetual liar
Or a party run by an innumerate spendthrift:
or a party run by a leader who is deluded enough to claim  they will go from 19 or so seats to 330+ to form a Government - in one election!:
or a party which thinks they can defy the laws of physics and still keep power flowing.

Hung Parliament please: none deserves to form a Government..Some deserve to go to jail. And others back to kindergarden.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #85 on: December 08, 2019, 10:06:16 AM »
Well we know the spendthrift labour party ( buy peoples votes with taxpayers money and will continue spending until they run out of other peoples money ).  Corbyns plan to compensate WASPI womens pensions is against EU law ( the higher womens pension age was introduced in 2010 to comply with EU gender equity laws in ---- Council Directive 79/7/EEC of 19 December 1978 on the progressive implementation of the principle of equal treatment for men and women in matters of social security) so if we remain within the customs union and single market as Labour want ( ie - do not leave the EU and still subject to ECJ ) then it will be breaking EU law to compensate the WASPI's..... They just do not think things through - in fact state aid and re-nationalisation that Labour are all so fond of will all break EU law - and Labour don't actually want to leave - all their front bench are remainers and we really still do not know what Corbyn feels ( except he has been a eurosceptic for all of his time in politics ) - Labour is massively losing votes in the midlands and the north to conservative and brexit party, lib-dem has become a toxic brand ( they removed Jo Swinson from their leaflets etc.) due to their complete ignorance of what 'democratic' means.

'Labour has sought formal legal advice that Jeremy Corbyn will still be able to implement one of his flagship election pledges if he keeps the UK in the European Union. The Sunday Telegraph understands that a QC has provided the party with advice on the legality of creating a nationalised broadband service, under state aid rules and other relevant laws.'
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:24:36 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2019, 11:35:44 AM »
Watched "The Andrew Marr Show" this morning and Labour's Gloria De Piero was on. She said God forbid than Labour lose but it looked like they were about to lose "The Red Wall", in the north of England.

JimSh

• Approved Member
« Reply #87 on: December 08, 2019, 12:24:26 PM »
I have a choice :
A party run by a profligate perpetual liar
Or a party run by an innumerate spendthrift:
or a party run by a leader who is deluded enough to claim  they will go from 19 or so seats to 330+ to form a Government - in one election!:
or a party which thinks they can defy the laws of physics and still keep power flowing.

Hung Parliament please: none deserves to form a Government..Some deserve to go to jail. And others back to kindergarden.

Seems like the thread has shifted away from the OP.
I know what you mean though. Perhaps they should have another box saying none of the above.
I've got an easy straight forward binary choice between this:-

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Alyn+Smith+Leave+a+light+on+in+the+window&view=detail&mid=50DA2300213CBE6A5A9150DA2300213CBE6A5A91&FORM=VIRE
and this.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=stephen+kerr+mp&&view=detail&mid=B979E680C0E12FEE909FB979E680C0E12FEE909F&&FORM=VRDGAR

No contest.

Edit Swopped order of  videos round in case folk gave up during the Stephen Kerr one and didn't bother watching the Alyn Smith one.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:16:55 PM by JimSh »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
Congratulations to Boris Johnson for reading the mood of electorate so much better than Comrade Jezza ( who did not read it at all).

Well greens still only have one MP, LibDums lost their least liberal but most dumb MP ( Jo Swinson ) and ended up with less seats, SNP got more seats but not as many as 2015 and still got less than 50% of the vote,  and UK including Scotland now leaving EU at end of January.. and Boris can do what he likes now,  although some stupid labour MPs still saying that they will vote against a hard Brexit - they still don'r realise it matters not one whit how they vote now,  it won't make a shred of difference - they had their chance and badly let down their 60% leave voters so they are out of government now for forseeable future - the take-away message is  'do not mess with democracy'.

Labour have only won 3 elections since 1979 ( under Tony Blair ) compared to 8 won by Conservatives.

The NHS has been under Tory control for much of its existence.

Liam Byrne left a message in treasury in 2010 saying 'there is no money left' - it is true that labour keep spending until they run out of other peoples money ( but Tony Blair still managed to saddle the taxpayer with future huge debt from PFI - which is part of the reason NHS is in financial difficulties - it cost about £300billion to build £50billion worth of new hospitals, and the trusts are still paying huge rent to private investor mates of Tony B Liar ). Who would have thought two scots could have trashed the UK economy so badly ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/pfi-banks-barclays-hsbc-rbs-tony-blair-gordon-brown-carillion-capita-financial-crash-a8202661.html
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:51:57 PM by culzean »

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2019, 12:28:26 PM »
...and yet 48% of the population voted for deal / no deal pro-brexit parties, 52% voted for stop brexit / 2nd referendum parties. Go figure.

They'll never learn from PFI. It never stopped after 2010, in fact Osborne started 61 new PFI projects worth £6.9bln in the first year of parliament, double the annual number started under Labour - and much higher than Labour's peak of PFI contracts in 2000 at £4.6bln.

These 'new' hospitals promised by Boris are all rumoured to be PFI financed.

Nothing's changed, governments are still too scared to keep borrowing 'on the books'.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 01:35:59 PM by sparky Paul »

Tags: