Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Driver's seat help needed !!
« Last post by coolmint on June 26, 2022, 10:51:42 PM »
Hi all have a 13 1.4 si , long story but the driver's seat is locked in a set position , leaver under seat is broken on left . It involves a £1 coin being Jammed in the runner,  Anyway after much searching have got a used seat from a breakers ( not the right colour).is it possible to use the base of the donor seat on the old seat .or is it permanently fixed to the donor seat , in which case I have to fit the (new )seat and buy some seat covers ? Any guidance greatly appreciated.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Lights in Europe
« Last post by Jazzik on June 26, 2022, 09:43:18 PM »
In the glove box(es) I usually have other clutter, such as spare glasses and sunglasses, garage remote control, a small flashlight and a lot more not to mention clutter.
For those yellow jackets is a great place at the back of the backrests of the front seats. It seems as if those pockets were made especially for them.  ;)
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: The slowest car available?!
« Last post by Roman on June 26, 2022, 08:30:35 PM »
It depends on the output of the generator engine and what the difference between its output and total output when added to the battery.

I see from the power flow videos that both battery and generator are providing power together.

On Prius, you could force charge the battery before performance runs - pressing the accelerator started the engine and charged the battery.

Jazz doesnít seem to have a similar function. Pressing the accelerator when stopped doesnít start the petrol generator.

Another Prius trick to force charge that doesnít seem to work on the Jazz is putting on front defrost / full heat - on Prius that starts the petrol engine. On Jazz it doesnít always do it.
Jazz charges battery too !!!
Car should be in P (parking), then when accelerator pedal pressed fully and keep pressed ice starts and charging battery, from 3 bars to ďfullĒ 95% in about 5 minutes.
Not practical to do that often because charging battery to 100% not good for itís health.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Honda Jazz 2004 Idle problem and Check Light
« Last post by Jocko on June 26, 2022, 07:35:48 PM »
To change 8 ignition coils is quite expensive. And the front ones are different from the rears. I had an issue with a reported misfire (never ever felt anything) and after suffering it for many months, replacing all eight plugs and coils on the suspect cylinder - all to no avail - I had to replace the middle section of the exhaust for a small leak at a pipe bracket. After that, I had no issues and 6 months on I have had no re-occurrence of the fault.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Spark plug gap?
« Last post by BadgerMk3 on June 26, 2022, 07:29:50 PM »
I've always believed you shouldn't use anti seize compound on spark plugs.

NGK actually state that on their website too.
https://ngksparkplugs.com/en/resources/5-things-you-should-know-about-spark-plugs#:~:text=Metal%20shell%20stretch%20changes%20the,unnecessary%20and%20can%20be%20detrimental.
« Last post by sportse on June 26, 2022, 06:18:12 PM »
Yellow jackets have to be in the car - usually the glove box is the best place.

Itís an easy fine for the cops, you tell them that you have the yellow jacket and when they ask to see them itís a fine if you have to get out.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / The slowest car available?!
« Last post by sportse on June 26, 2022, 06:14:44 PM »
It depends on the output of the generator engine and what the difference between its output and total output when added to the battery.

I see from the power flow videos that both battery and generator are providing power together.

On Prius, you could force charge the battery before performance runs - pressing the accelerator started the engine and charged the battery.

Jazz doesnít seem to have a similar function. Pressing the accelerator when stopped doesnít start the petrol generator.

Another Prius trick to force charge that doesnít seem to work on the Jazz is putting on front defrost / full heat - on Prius that starts the petrol engine. On Jazz it doesnít always do it.
« Last post by BigT on June 26, 2022, 05:33:54 PM »
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your responses guys. It would seem this French Spare Bulb legislation is somewhat outdated in view of LED's and serves merely to tick a box. I'll pop down to Halfords and get a pack of cheap bulbs to satisfy any eager beaver Gendarme along with 2 x Warning Triangles, First Aid Kit and Yellow jackets. Not to mention a 'UK' sticker. Cheers, Tony

« Last post by DERMOT on June 26, 2022, 05:11:20 PM »
Rear indicator and reverse are replaceable bulbs going by user guide (pg 500 odd), but they only give wattage rather than bulb type. Hence assumption that they are same as older jazz.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Slipping Clutch
« Last post by willsie01 on June 26, 2022, 05:06:29 PM »
On our 4th Jazz and it's the first that has had a slipping clutch at 70k miles. The others got to 100k plus without developing this. Is this unusual? This is the first 2008 car we've had the other 3 were all 2007.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10