Author Topic: Notchy steering.  (Read 1517 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Notchy steering.
« on: November 27, 2017, 01:36:42 PM »
People have commented on the notchy feel to the steering on Mk 1 Jazz models, but I was never aware of it. However, this morning I did a few motorway miles and I noticed the steering was not as smooth as it might have been. First thought was, "What's changed?", but after checking tyre pressures and condition of wheels I suddenly had a thought.
For the past couple of weeks I have been playing an inordinate amount of Forza 4, on the Xbox 360, and I use a Microsoft Steering wheel and pedal set up. Despite the fact there is Force Feedback on the wheel (for the bumps, track edges etc) it is an extremely smooth experience (I only drive the best of machinery!). It is the thousand miles done on Forza 4 that has made my poor wee Jazz feel inadequate!

This is my set up.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
Re: Notchy steering.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
Do you find that it feels perfectly okay when you get in, but slightly notchy when it's all warmed up, i.e. after a good run?

I still have this issue, but after sorting the front alignment out, it is barely noticeable. However, I swear the steering feels perfect when stone cold.

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 06:17:07 PM »
This is the first time I have been aware of it, and I was out on the motorway, all warmed up, at the time.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »
I'm sure the problem is more evident when the rack has warmed up.

Tags: