Author Topic: Rust starting on rear door  (Read 837 times)

Robyorkshire

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4DSI SE CVT 2008 (58)
Rust starting on rear door
« on: June 21, 2023, 09:13:37 PM »
Hi,

We have a 58 plate jazz which we’ve had a couple of years as a learner car and runabout.

It’s a great car but i’ve noticed bubbling on the rear door. What would be the best way to fix this? Rub it down and apply rust converter / remover before having it repainted?

Can anyone recommend any rust converters removers. I’ve heard Bult Hamber stuff is good but they have a couple of different options.

Thanks

mitchelln

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Hybrid EX
Re: Rust starting on rear door
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2023, 10:08:25 AM »
Unfortunately that looks like it might beyond a rub down and convert. It'll be rusting from the inside out and may hole when you start wiring it back. You might be lucky tough and it just needs a clean up and filler.

Bilt Hamber Hydate 80 is definitely the best conversion product. Awesome stuff. Just mind not to get it onto the rest of the paint or wipe it off immediately if you do. I'd also get some Dynax S-50 in there to stop it spreading.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2023, 03:20:29 PM »
Rub it down to bare metal, preferably with a power sander. Bilt Hamber is good.

Skyline84

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 Honda Jazz 1.4 SE
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 04:42:25 PM »
I have used Bilt Hamber Hydrate 80 on (both) of my rear arches and it's so far prevented the metal from crumbling into dust. It's not pretty (I've not painted over the arches with the body colour), but it works.

Tags: