Author Topic: Faulty AirCon  (Read 830 times)

JazzyJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 EX
Faulty AirCon
« on: September 27, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »
The aircon on my 2006 Honda Jazz Sport has decided to stop working. Initially thinking it was a simple re-gas I visited my local KwikFit who tried the re-gas but informed me this wasn't the issue but no other information other than the system appeared to be holding the gas so I assume no leaks. On further investigation I found that when pressing the AC button the blower operates but there isn't the sound of a clutch being engaged or that slight loss of power you feel when initially turning the AC on. If anyone has any ideas of what may be the cause and any simple fixes before I have to take it to a mechanic, it'd be much appreciated!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: Faulty AirCon
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:36:19 AM »
Its sounds as if the compressor clutch is not operating, so this would need to be diagnosed as to why its not operating, has it actually failed or is it not getting a feed, this could be the compressor relay, so further investigation would be needed and it could be just a cheap relay or a more expensive clutch windings or even just a broken wire/loose connection.

Tags:

anything