Author Topic: Replacement wing mirror  (Read 4461 times)

guest5283

Replacement wing mirror
« on: February 22, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »
Hi. Hoping someone can help.

My car needs an MOT by the end of next week but I damaged my passenger wing mirror and so the indicator light doesn't work anymore. Apparently this would mean the car would fail its MOT.

Can anyone recommend a company where I could get a replacement? I don't have a lot of money and at the moment I'm only finding unpainted ones (power folding) for about £150 so with the cost of getting the paint, having it sprayed and fitted I'm looking at £200+ which I just can't do. 

I live in North Yorkshire (nr Harrogate)
Cheers

tonytan

• Approved Member
Re: Replacement wing mirror
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:44:58 PM »
If your wing mirror in not that badly damaged and just the indicator lamp itself can be replaced here is a link to the part
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-OEM-HONDA-JAZZ-N-S-MIRROR-INDICATOR-REPEATER-LAMP-2005-2008-/171687356071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item27f95d26a7

guest5283

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 10:13:39 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I'm hoping its just the indicator bit (and that there is no internal damage, the casing/housing is damaged it's just cosmetic).  Should be fixed tomorrow. :)

guest4283

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
Are you getting a dealer to disassemble the wing mirror? Haynes manual does not cover disassembly, only removal from door. I think they say something like disassembly of the wing mirror is very tricky, with the possibility of damaging it high, therefore take it to dealer.

Tags: