Author Topic: Jazz in the snow  (Read 16717 times)

guest2898

Re: Jazz in the snow
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2011, 05:16:13 PM »
Nice one....   ;D yes. insurance companies are quick off the mark to charge you silly money to cover you, but a little more reluctant to pay out!!  >:(  :'( 

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2011, 03:42:28 PM »
Might have some more time in the snow this weekend.  This was a bit south of Inverness this afternoon.  Will be interesting as heading up in a RWD BMW 520d, not renowned for it's capabilities in the snow. :(

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2011, 03:48:31 PM »
 :o oh no!! the white stuff!! you can keep that!!  ::) beemer eh?? that should definately make for a interesting drive!! rather you than me!!  ;)

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2011, 04:10:52 PM »
T'will be fine, due to be 10c by the time I get there.  If you believe the Met Office.  If I had a fiver for every time no snow was forecast and we got loads, or loads forecast & we got none. :D Daft thing is I have the D3 on the drive but fancy a blast up in the BM.

guest2865

• Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2011, 06:21:23 PM »
My BMW 318i was positively dangerous in snow conditions - had it for 8 years from new ('till 2001)and would never have an other RWD car.

Followed it with VW Golf, Honda Civic and now Honda Jazz - waytogo!

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »
Thats good, well, enjoy your blast!!  ;D
VW Golf, Honda Civic and now Honda Jazz , you have good taste in motors jirams  ;D jap and german cars...reliability and great build... way to go indeed  ;)  :D

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2011, 10:54:18 PM »
Loving the snow pics.

I also have the Samsung and not noticed the pink tinge but have noticed a greenish tinge sometimes when using the flash.

What are Jazz's like in the snow?

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 09:31:51 AM »
As mentioned earlier in the thread, my wifes jazz handled the 21 mile journey to her work place very well in the awful conditions of last years winter.... the roads were much worse in southport than here in preston. With black ice present on many roads, she passed car after car being pushed and struggling to get traction, she uses the same method as i do.... keep the revs down to a minimum, very slow set off, using gears to slow down rather than the brakes until the very last moment and even then, using the very least of braking pressure... speed down to suit conditions and most of all, a massive distance from the car in front of you... i have not had my jazz out in any bad conditions as i bought it in early april, i had the civic then, which too, did quite well in the circumstances....  :D

Tags: