Author Topic: Climate Control  (Read 2958 times)

AlanS

Climate Control
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:00:06 AM »
Just purchased my Jazz sport, everytime i turn the blower on the AC comes on at the same time.
Is there a way to turn the blower on without the AC?

Thanks

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: Climate Control
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
Putting it another way the system is designed to turn the AC off if you turn the fan off.It assumes that if you have turned the fan off you don't want any air conditioning of any sort because you have no proper through flow of air.
Assuming the Sport has an AC switch as well as an Auto switch,turn the fan on and the AC off.
Climate Control,ideally,should be run in Auto with the AC on and fan on all the time .This way you get all the advantages of an air conditioned car all the year round.
The increase in fuel consumption with AC on is negligible and well worth the advantages.

Vic.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »
Does this work for the SE to Vic as it has manual climate control?

VicW

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
The SE doesn't have climate control.Climate Control is a system whereby you dial in a temperature setting and the Climate Control keeps it at that temperature automatically.Which is why the AC should always be on.
In the SE the fan switch set to 'off' will shut down the AC for the same reason as Climate Control,it assumes that if you don't want a flow of air then you don't want AC.
If you don't have a flow of air through the car then the conditioning system,hot or cold,summer or winter,AC on or off,will not work properly and in the winter the interior will easily mist up.

Vic.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:56:46 PM »
Sorry Vic, yes I was aware of climate control but said manual just for ease of reference.

So does this mean air con needs to be on all the time? And if so does this not wear out the system quickening so it needs re-gassing?

Does the air con need to be on during rain or colder weather if you have the window open slightly?

Thanks

VicW

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
The AC doesn't have to be on all the time but it must be run for at least ten minutes every week to circulate the lubricant in the system which ensures that all the seals do not dry out thereby letting the gas escape.
Personally I keep my AC on all the time.
AC is of particular benefit in cold damp weather to keep the car from misting up and free of condensation.Having a window open negates this and also worsens your fuel consumption by creating drag over the car's body.It's also noisy which is tiring.
Some people think that you cannot use AC and the heater at the same time in the winter months.This is not so.The AC provides cold air at a temperature of about +4C,the heater is capable of coping with outside air temperatures of about -20C.The heater will always overcome the cool air of the AC but with added benefit that the incoming air is dry,hence keeping the car demisted.

Vic.

guest2915

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:43:56 PM »
That's very informative, thank you Vic. :)

VicW

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:30 PM »
It's a pleasure.

Vic.

Tags: