Author Topic: Rpm higher than expected  (Read 2414 times)

AlekJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz 1.4 sport
Rpm higher than expected
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:50:30 AM »
After cleaning the throttle body, jazz throw code P0507 idle rpm higher than expected. Is the any idle control valve on electronic throttle body?
Car idle around1000 rpm, also tried 2 times to reset ecm pcm, and after some driving check engine light comes on with same code P0507.

Cleaning the throtle bodyI found that the plate is not fully closed , is that ok ?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Rpm higher than expected
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 03:31:20 PM »
The throttle never fully closes, but I would imaging that the throttle being open slightly, if this is excessive, is the reason the idle is too high and the fault code generated.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:33:40 PM by Jocko »

AlekJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 03:56:50 PM »
Thanks for the reply, my thoughts was to remove the air box, then start the car to idle, and with screwdriver push the buterfly to full close and see what will be the outcome. Or maybe its bad idea to do this, really dont know

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 04:06:11 PM »
I'd try the same. Check that there is nothing interfering with it closing to the idle position.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »
It depends which throttle type you have, the later electronic 'fly-by-wire' type throttle control system uses a small throttle opening to control the idle speed. On cars without ETCS, the throttle closes fully and there is a seperate idle air control valve to bypass the throttle at idle.

I'm guessing the throttle unit has been disturbed, I would suggest checking for air leaks around the throttle body. Have a good spray around the joints and gaskets with some carb cleaner and see if you can influence the idle speed.

Also check that the temperature sender is functioning with live data from the diagnostic tool, idle speed is raised for low starting temperatures.

AlekJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 04:49:24 PM »
Thanks guys for qiuick reply. Te jaz is 2006 sport, I think TB is electronic one, with 2 pipe with coolant going in (for ice build up), also I can't find MAF sensor location. Does this car have idle position sensor?
Temperature sensor for the coolant or ambient?

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 05:11:19 PM »
Thanks guys for qiuick reply. Te jaz is 2006 sport, I think TB is electronic one, with 2 pipe with coolant going in (for ice build up), also I can't find MAF sensor location. Does this car have idle position sensor?
Temperature sensor for the coolant or ambient?

No idle control valve if  yours has ETCS. You will know if it is electronic if the short throttle cable terminates on the back of the bulkhead at the throttle position sensor. Non ETCS throttle cable goes right up to the throttle body.

No MAF sensor on the I-DSi, it uses the throttle position and MAP sensor to calculate fuelling.

It's usually the coolant temperature sensor that gives the problems, but I believe the ETCS system also uses an air temperature sensor integrated into the MAP sensor.

Make sure that you haven't lost or damaged any of the rubber seals when tinkering with the throttle body. If it is a leak causing the raised idle, it will be on the inlet manifold side of the throttle body.

jaytee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 05:47:44 PM »
it might be worth checking the wiring to the TB this can be disturbed when cleaning the yellow /green wire can become streched

AlekJazz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 06:59:51 PM »
Which wire ? There is a jack connection, in the lower part of the TB, attached to some kind od small box, hold by 10mm screw

jaytee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 es
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 08:13:08 PM »
the wire is in the loom there is a you tube video for honda jazz throttle body

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »
the wire is in the loom there is a you tube video for honda jazz throttle body

Well remembered, I think there is a thread on here about that somewhere...

Here it is, different symptoms but worth checking - could be related.

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7641.0

Tags: