Author Topic: broken door mirror lens  (Read 945 times)

jazzblack

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
broken door mirror lens
« on: February 11, 2020, 04:03:19 PM »
Oncoming car over the centre line hit my driver's door mirror.  Powerfold, glass adjustment and flasher all work OK but white plastic lens broken.  Can anyone state the part number and cost of the replacement offside lens and describe how I can fit this myself please?       ES model registered March 2012.

Many thanks
Jazzblack

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
Re: broken door mirror lens
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 07:59:27 PM »
Hi,

I think this is the part you are after (and not the mirror glass):

https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-jazz-right-side-mirror-indicator-unit-2009-2015/

Ouch at the price!  Personally I would buy a complete second hand mirror off Ebay from a breakers (doesn't have to be the same colour mirror cap) and then work out how it all comes apart. Perhaps Google for any videos.

Here's a link to an online parts diagram though it is not that clear. Suspect mirror cap will need to be removed first and then the lens is just held in with one screw.

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/JAZZ/2010/14-ES/UPHOLSTERY/MIRROR-AUTO-TURN-/17TF0A01/B__4301/5/22578

Finally check out this link

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=9227.0

Best of luck getting it sorted.

jazzblack

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 07:29:50 PM »
Many thanks for your comprehensive reply and regret delayed response.  I'll pursue the ebay/breakers route as you       suggest and meanwhile have taped transparent plastic over the wound to keep waterproof.
Thanks again  -  you are the only responder

jazzblack

jazzblack

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 10:56:01 PM »
Hi Ianhj

Internet revealed several sellers so instead of paying £73 I purchased a perfect new identical replacement lens (seemingly made in Spain) for £18.77 delivered free from TradeVehicleParts of Leicester and fitted this today - product No HD 4003.   Push mirror glass in at the top then using fingers under the bottom edge use strength to pull sharply outward and release mirror glass.   About 5 x clips to be pressed out at the back of the skull plate cover using small long nosed pliers because each clip is U-shaped and needs to be squeezed together to compress then push out backwards.   Found it easier to be helped by a second pair of hands.  Once cover removed there are 2 x screws to undo to release remains of broken lens then pull off electrical connector but take care with its delicate clip to be undone with a small tip screwdriver.  To my surprise there is a thin rubber grommet around the old lens which was damaged but not supplied with new lens.  It did not seems to have a purpose so I ignored when fitting new lens.   All now works OK so thanks again for advice.

jazzblack

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 11:36:48 AM »
Another useful post with details of aalernative part supplier, good result.

ianhj

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »
Hi,

An excellent result.

Well done and thanks for listing the supplier (always useful).

Tags:

anything