Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2019 - Radio stuff - Honda Hack etc  (Read 5338 times)

eskatephil

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 2019
Honda Jazz 2019 - Radio stuff - Honda Hack etc
« on: April 20, 2024, 02:28:09 PM »
Hi.

I am a proud owner of an 2019 Honda Jazz - love everything about but not the radio which I despise.

Anyone have a solution for the constant "Press Ok" everytime the radio boots to get it operational?
The whole startup screen which is informing me to not use the radio whilst driving only to get my attention by sniper pressing a button every time I boot the damn thing - the cherry on top is that it plays automatically the last thing I played on my phone which is even worse (I found a semi workaround - play a muted song from my iphone everytime it connects to the honda jazz radio, which is still not perfect but when it works it works).

So what I done so far is I have got a 3rd party android carplay radio from aliexpress - which I do not reccomend getting, the whole thing is full lies, you dont get full steering wheel controls, you loose the ability to change the dashboard clock and even though I went for the more expensive option with 6 GB of memory its slow as hell and the screen is ok at best. They sent me a canbus which is supposed to fix the buttons not working on the steering wheel but at this point I just dont trust them hence I am going to go back to the original radio.

So the question is - does anyone know how to get that startup screen not come up?

And does the "Honda Hack" http://www.autohack.org/ - work with Jazz 2019? It seems that the other car radios from that website are 1:1 the same as mine hence the question.

UKjim

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 Jazz Sport - Brilliant Sporty Blue
Re: Honda Jazz 2019 - Radio stuff - Honda Hack etc
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2024, 05:51:49 PM »
The instrument cluster clock is adjusted via the right buttons on the steering wheel.
I have had a completely different experience from you with a Chinese Android unit, the one I purchased is a Joying and they are at the top end of the Far East market costing around £300 delivered. It is only the 4/64gb version with a 9 inch screen and it is very fast and works perfectly with the Steering wheel controls and the Canbus. It is supplied mounted into a fascia plate and correct loom for the GK Jazz, didn't have to change or chop any wiring and all functions work even displaying the parking sensors and door opening graphics on the main screen. Also discovered the non-Nav Jazz already has a GPS antenna fitted with the connection plug just loose behind the headunit, just needed an adapter to connect it to the new headunit.
I mainly use it with wireless CarPlay.

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 06:32:31 PM »
Thank you for the reply - I just got the canbus delivered today, Im semi reluctant to install it.. but since you had an good experience I might go with it.

So I assume you can set the clock normally now? Without the canbus I cannot enter the menu on the right hand side - I presume you can access all the menus? Clock / tyre pressure warning etc?

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 07:41:52 PM »
Thank you for the reply - I just got the canbus delivered today, Im semi reluctant to install it.. but since you had an good experience I might go with it.

So I assume you can set the clock normally now? Without the canbus I cannot enter the menu on the right hand side - I presume you can access all the menus? Clock / tyre pressure warning etc?
Yes everything as normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eskatephil

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 07:57:49 PM »
Really wish I went with your brand of the radio - mine is trash in comparison to be honest. I was looking as extensively as I could whilst doing my research (and I was assured by the seller that everything will work as intended)

Even the back of your radio indicates quality - mine is a mess. Im still reluctant whether I should go with the canbus or not - I do hope nothing breaks through bad canbus configuration :(

UKjim

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 08:02:01 PM »
Really wish I went with your brand of the radio - mine is trash in comparison to be honest. I was looking as extensively as I could whilst doing my research (and I was assured by the seller that everything will work as intended)

Even the back of your radio indicates quality - mine is a mess. Im still reluctant whether I should go with the canbus or not - I do hope nothing breaks through bad canbus configuration :(
Give it a shot, can't see it doing any harm, worst that can happen is that it won't work.

The Joying unit is very good and worth the additional cost, arrived with 5 days of ordering and their customer service is excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 07:32:38 AM »
So the question is - does anyone know how to get that startup screen not come up?

And does the "Honda Hack" http://www.autohack.org/ - work with Jazz 2019? It seems that the other car radios from that website are 1:1 the same as mine hence the question.

Don’t think anyone’s ever reported being able to get rid of it. It’s Honda’s way of covering their back if you crash the car whilst trying to tune the radio. “Well sir, you were warned …”

As for the HondaHack, personally I’d be very wary about allowing unknown software into the car, especially software that (from the list of stuff that it enables) seems to have access to the car’s main data bus. It may well do everything claimed, but what else does it do?

I note that one of the claims is that it overcomes the parking brake check. If that enables you to do things like watch video whilst driving, that may make it illegal and your insurance company may have something to say about that.

Tags:

anything