Author Topic: remapping  (Read 1610 times)

coffeecup

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
remapping
« on: July 16, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
Hi

Any thoughts on having the ECU remapped for better performance and consumption ?

Mike

Just had a test drive in the new 1.5 7 speed auto, didn't like it as much as my 2010 i-shift.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:15:50 PM by coffeecup »

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
Re: remapping
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 09:15:03 AM »
Hi
Any thoughts on having the ECU remapped for better performance and consumption ?
Mike
Just had a test drive in the new 1.5 7 speed auto, didn't like it as much as my 2010 i-shift.

What didn't you like about the 1.5, I thought it's got CVT with 7 preset 'gears' if selected?
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

coffeecup

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i vtec i-shift
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 12:16:51 PM »
Hi

I didn't like the 'lack of bite' when gear changes, the engine rev's before engagement of drive. Even on the paddles you don't have full control.
The i-shift is a proper clutch with instant bite, with full control when to change gear from the paddles. Just don't like the CVT. I think my next car will have a DCT gearbox.

Mike

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:39:10 PM »
I think my next car will have a DCT gearbox.
There seems to be a lot of problems with DCT gearbox, or DSG as VW style it. I like the idea of increased efficiency, but my nephew bought a new Golf, a couple of years back, and he has had nothing but problems. He intends replacing it before the warranty runs out.

Tags:

anything