Author Topic: Picked up new Jazz last week.........  (Read 1942 times)

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
Picked up new Jazz last week.........
« on: October 05, 2011, 12:45:25 PM »
.......and 650 miles on:

Just taken delivery of a new Jazz ES CVT in silver, picked up the car from Redhill Honda, top marks for Richard, the salesman I dealt with there.  Couple of days pottering around locally then 550 mile drive up to Inverness way.  Just posting thoughts on it so far compared with the last 3 Jazz SEs (GDs), one of which we still have.

Comfort much better on a long haul than the old Jazz, better support for back and legs.  Being my first CVT I can't compare it with the old ones, also running it in so treating her gently at the mo.  Did think overtaking on the non dualled bits of the A9 might be out but put it in S mode and it shot round a Volvo & artic with no drama whatsoever.  Also for most of the trip at 75mph (ish) it returned 46mpg (actual, not trip comp) so mpg OK, hopefully will improve a bit as she loosens up a bit.  One of the big differences over the old Jazz is the very light steering at low speeds which needs a bit of care initially.  It seems to firm up a lot at motorway speeds which is great.  Also at higher speeds there is a nice sweet spot for boosting the speed a bit to get round stuff.  Over all very pleased. :)

Only 3 downsides.  A bit of a rattle from the front of the dash, will see how it goes before it goes back for dealer to have a look at.  Anyone else had this?  Also could only pay shuffle selection on the iphone, couldn't figure out how to play an album or playlist.  Will have a mooch through the manual.  Finally as I'm just over 6th tall the high brake light housing creates a blind spot for fast moving stuff on the motorway.  Something I'll get used to or see if the seat level can be dropped down a bit.

Proper winter wheels/tyres now fitted (car could easily spend chunks of the winter up in the Highlands) and one of the OEM wheels/tyres now fitted as the spare.  SWMBO's just had her first drive of it and she's very pleased with it, always a good sign. ;D

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Picked up new Jazz last week.........
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »
The seat does drop down, lever on right of drivers seat, but doesn't drop very low compared to previous cars that I have owned.

Oz

D3DSL

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
Re: Picked up new Jazz last week.........
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
Cheers, will sort that out next time I'm out in it. 

Tags: