Author Topic: Alloy wheel corrosion, well done Honda  (Read 5857 times)

guest2227

Alloy wheel corrosion, well done Honda
« on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:59 AM »
Just thought I would say thank to Honda, hope they check these forums  :) I took my Jazz into my local Honda dearler yesterday to report the corrosion that was coming through on the front wheels, my Jazz is 3 years old in Jan 12
The girl at service reception took some pictures to e mail off yesterday & low & behold she has just phoned me up this morning to say they will have the new wheels in for me tomorrow, I am now a happy bunny as I have not had to fight to get something done for once, this was not the case with Volvo, fiat & Seat on various problems I've had with past cars, so credit to Honda for not running away from this issue  :D

bucksfizz

• Approved Member
Re: Alloy wheel corrosion, well done Honda
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 12:40:04 PM »
I fully support your thanks to Honda.My October 2008 EX wheels were similarly affected and I complained about the condition of two of them .The paint bubbling /aluminium corrosion ,originated from the unradiused inner surfaces of the spokes.Honda authorised the replacement of all wheels and the car now looks like new.Having received some indifferent warranty service from Volkswagen and Ford in the past it is reassuring to find one car company in the UK that offers genuine customer care

guest1232

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 02:26:43 PM »
That's really good news as I have a 2011 GE, on the other hand, we also have a 2006 Mazda MX5 and the wheel nuts went rusty, I asked the dealer to look at them and they.......... erm........ didn't, so I complained to Mazda UK as the dealer had also lost 5 trim clips from the interior when they upgraded the drain tubes and forgot to order them. After the intervention of the Mazda UK Head Office the dealer called me back and fitted the missing clips and polished the wheel nuts, they are rusty again, I give up and will buy some stainless steel ones instead.

guest598

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:46:29 PM »
I had the same problem  last nov.  two years old.  I asked Honda if they had the problem before
they said a few I suspect more than a few they didn't put up a fight.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:43:48 AM »
Yes but what happened to the old wheels?, in years gone by the local Subaru dealer used to let you have the old wheels. Which you could refurbish and then use for winter tyres.....

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:02 PM »
Had our EX serviced today (2yrs old) and asked them to look at the wheels - two (that were on the front originally, and I moved to the rear about 6mths ago, are noticeably corroded around the centres and they agreed to replace those.

The other two (now on the front) are in better condition, but still showing early signs of corrosion and apparently Honda wouldn't replace those.  I'm dismayed really, other people seem to have all 4 replaced when only one has shown corrosion.  I can't recalling seeing another post where they haven't replaced them all.

Tags: