Author Topic: aluminium or steel spare wheel for 2008 EX Jazz  (Read 3806 times)

bucksfizz

• Approved Member
aluminium or steel spare wheel for 2008 EX Jazz
« on: August 15, 2011, 04:37:51 PM »
After changing my 4 tyres recently to Dunlop 2030 {in search of a more supple ride ]I now have 2  scarcely worn Bridgestone E370 spares.I am aiming to give myself a full size spare wheel with one of these fitted to either an aluminium or steel wheel.Can any member advise me on the availability of such an item and  its specification?

John Marshall

• Approved Member
Re: aluminium or steel spare wheel for 2008 EX Jazz
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
Try Mytyres
http://www.mytyres.co.uk/Steel_wheels.html
I have just bought 4 tyres on steel wheels for a 2012 Jazz the wheels are 15x5½ J 45
If you look on the web site there will be a list with the size for your year car and you will be able to find the size you need

John

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 05:00:13 PM »
After changing my 4 tyres recently to Dunlop 2030 {in search of a more supple ride ]I now have 2  scarcely worn Bridgestone E370 spares.I am aiming to give myself a full size spare wheel with one of these fitted to either an aluminium or steel wheel.Can any member advise me on the availability of such an item and  its specification?

Have you noticed any improvement in the ride with the Dunlop tyres?

bucksfizz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
Yes ,We have certainly noticed that the harsh rebound of the  suspension has been lost but reading the current messages on this Forum ,this experience will only last for 13,000 miles!NB  the tyres are Dunlop SP 2030 which I purchased for £100 from the owner of a new EX .The limited range of 16 inch diameter tyres available obviously contributes towards the minimum price of £100 per tyre for EX owners.

Geoffers

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 11:04:19 PM »
Following the OP's request for prices on the wheels I enrolled with 1st Choice to find out about the price for a S/H alloy for a GE Jazz.
Prices varied, as you can imagine. The best price was £84 delivered and the worst was £162!

I think I'll stick to my SpaceSaver!

bucksfizz

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
Thanks Geoffers. I now have a full sized !6 inch EX wheel  ,the appropriate tyre and have the problem of securing it in the wheel well.The Honda Space Saver wheel uses  a 79mm bolt to secure it . I now need help on the following-

1] Is there a threaded boss in the wheel well to secure it.?{My EX is at a Honda garage currently}.

2]Is the 79mm bolt for the Space Saver wheel long enough to secure a full sized wheel and tyre?
               Thanks in advance for any advice.

Tags: