Author Topic: 12 volt Battery Tester  (Read 26870 times)

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
12 volt Battery Tester
« on: December 27, 2023, 03:06:03 PM »
I have problems with the 12 volt battery going flat and it’s only reaching 11.25 volts recharging with a CTEK 5.0 over 24 hours (to stagec7)

I was thinking of getting a battery analyser to monitor tge residual life of the battery but I’m not sure if there would be problems with it trying to do standard tests like cranking amps and alternator function testing as we obviously don’t have these on the latest Honda hybrid systems.

Can anybody kindly advise as to what battery tester may be suitable for the hybrid?

Colder weather and use of heated seats/steering wheel plus colder darker weather are not facilitating a decent recharge either so I’ll need to start adopting Kremmen’s fortnightly booster program which seems a bit of a nuisance in this modern age car era.
I also am suffering the same issues with my CRV hybrid EX 2020, I note that there is a replacement 60Ah battery available for that but don’t know if that’s an option for my wife’s Jazz.

Any help and feedback is greatly appreciated

From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

Terryp

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz EX crosstar
Re: 12 volt Battery Tester
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 04:47:13 PM »
Do you do any drive of distance or does the car tend to sit around for ages without running for any length of time?

davejazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz EX 1.5 May 22 in boring black!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 06:13:31 PM »
My car last winter, did 5 weeks parked up on the drive, at 0 to 5 degrees, with no charger.

Started first spin.

Whiteshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 jazz Hybrid EX Chrystal Red
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 11:04:01 AM »
Have never had a problem with 8 Honda’s ,over the years,  all parked outside in all weathers, never re charged. This is what they are designed to cope with ……and more

CB72

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 04:28:05 PM »
Do you suffer from battery anxiety then get yourself a NocoBoost, you will probably never use it, but at least you will feel better  ;D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 07:12:13 PM »
....get yourself a NocoBoost....

... shouldn't that be a Nogo Boost
If nothing goes right, go left!

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 08:59:47 PM »
I have problems with the 12 volt battery going flat and it’s only reaching 11.25 volts recharging with a CTEK 5.0 over 24 hours (to stagec7)
If the vehicle is still in warranty then explain the problem to your dealer and ask for the battery to be tested.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Classkawa

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 09:26:22 PM »
If you are uncertain about the battery I would consider replacing it yourself. That's what I did when the OEM one failed, it would take a charge but not hold one.
Replacement from Tayna was £50 delivered and 10 mins to fit. The OEM Panasonic is small and I suspect works hard and could be considered a service item.
Replacement is a cheap fix

Sent from my SM-A336E using Tapatalk

Tags: