Author Topic: Fuel consumption bars?  (Read 2752 times)

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
Re: Fuel consumption bars?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2023, 03:51:54 PM »
Hello, I wanted to ask you for information on the "Spritmonitor" site, but how are the consumption calculations made and therefore green or red writing?
I have set a consumption of 4.6 l/100 km (official Honda consumption data) but even with a consumption of 5.31 l/100 km I get the green writing, so I imagine there will be a tolerance, I just can't to understand how it works, just to understand if the machine is consuming a lot or a little.

Thanks for the replies.
(sorry for the mistakes I used google translate)

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar 2021 Crystal Red
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2023, 04:20:32 PM »
Spritmonitor calculates total average consumption (from distance and liters) and compares it to the manufacturer number. This number, however, needs to be set in the vehicle profile. You can modify it or remove it completely. I do not know when number to use, as mk4 comes with both NEDC and WLTP values.

Furthermore I notice that a minimum distance is required, after 1 or 2 entries no color is shown yet.

To make it more complicated: also colors are used for how many entries or fill-ups you made (white - yellow - light blue - dark blue - red).

Wonder

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2023, 10:14:39 AM »
HI,
as a value I entered the WLTP one (4.6 l/100 km) which should be the most "real",
I noticed that if I now change the value of the declared consumption entered (4,6) the results obtained do not change (although I imagine that changing the value of the declared consumption will only affect the new accounts and not the past ones),
I could not understand the speech of the colors (yellow blue red etc.) the translator is not clear in the answer

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Advance MY24
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2023, 10:56:50 AM »
... I noticed that if I now change the value of the declared consumption entered (4,6) the results obtained do not change ...
The information you are looking for is in the hour-glass shaped icon next to the mileage column.
Assuming this is your profile it shows on mouse-over that you are 19% above the WLTP value of 4,6 L/100km

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2023, 12:06:20 PM »
Colors white- yellow- light blue - dark blue - red belong to the fuel pump icon. It shown how many fill-ups you did. In Wonder’s example it is yellow, so in between 10 and 25 fill-ups.

Wonder

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2023, 01:09:37 PM »
HI,
I use the application with my mobile
but I don't have all that information,
it's completely different from me,
tells me:
total km
partial km
total cost of fuel
type of fuel e.g. 95
driving style (urban highway etc.)
type of tire (in my case 4 seasons)
and a red or green triangle if consumption is high or low

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2023, 07:43:18 PM »
I'm sorry about the misunderstanding - I was even unaware, that there is an app for Speedmonitor...
Had a look at the Android App and I can't see any advantage for me in using the app instead of just the browser site.  ymmv

Wonder

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2023, 10:00:05 PM »
Hi, I also tried to register on the site,
all the supplies I made are loaded (now the site is synchronized with the APP) but I still can't see the indications you showed me with the example,
the consumption only shows me the total kilometers traveled and the hourglass which tells me that I am consuming more than the data entered (4.6 l),
but I can't see this check individually on each refueling I've done

Marco1979

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2023, 06:04:31 AM »
That is correct! The comparison is only the whole. Also mine only shows this comparison for the total. And in the overview of multiple cars/users.

Wonder

• Approved Member
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2023, 08:53:17 PM »
Ah! OK thanks for the info,
based on the percentage marked on the "hourglass" I have high fuel consumption (always less than the car I had before),
I hope to be able to improve, I can certainly do something better, but not many improvements.
"Unfortunately" I use the car to go to work, I cover about 2 km outward and 2 km back, it is difficult to do large averages with such a short distance

coldstart

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2023, 07:54:31 PM »
... "Unfortunately" I use the car to go to work, I cover about 2 km outward and 2 km back, ...
On such short distance you cannot expect "wonders" from a full hybrid!
As my nickname suggests on only two km the engine barely leaves "coldstart" (if ever!)
If this is your main driving profile (and you are bound to use a car) then you are a prime candidate for a BEV (battery electric vehicule).

Tags: