Author Topic: Jazz MY24  (Read 5237 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: Jazz MY24
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2023, 08:18:18 AM »

The new Advance seems just the same as the current EX - completely the same interior as far as I can see. Same trim material, no paddles and white accents on the cupholders and gearshift console. I am not sure that I like the exterior facelift styling at all; the original seems to me much purer to me.

I agree. The front end is now just a mass of black plastic. I understand the MK4 design was based on a Japanese style, and although it didn't appeal to everyone when launched it didn't bother me unduly. In fact, I have come to like its little smiling face.

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2023, 08:52:17 AM »
That big bottom lip reminds me of when MG introduced those ugly black foam like bumpers I’m the mid ‘70s to meet some new Californian regulation I believe. A,ways thought they spoiled the MGB with those. My late model Spitfire still had chrome bumpers and looked the better for them.

As for the Jazz, I do think the grille looks better than the 'fat lip' design of the original Mk4, but I understand it’s a personal thing and not all agree with the change.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2023, 09:09:34 AM »
I can’t see how any of the cosmetic changes justify the massive price hike. Supposedly it is more powerful but relative to the type of car it is, I have never felt my Crosstar underpowered. Definitely sticking with what I have.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2023, 09:35:12 AM »
I'd like the upper grill but I prefer the existing lower grill and colour coded painted areas to the large plasticky one .   Its an area vulnerable to repeated bombardment from road grit and squashed bugs .Maintaining the glossy finish on the  sports version may be a challenge long term.  Even the mat plastic one can need extra care.

The 'fan'  wheels seem to be the worst of both worlds. Not just the  vulnerable and expensive plastic fans  but diamond cut alloy areas as well.        The front off  side fan appears to be damaged already ,unless its a deposit from a Blackpool seagull. :D    I quite like their reversal in colour though, silver wheel and anthracite fans.  If I ever need to refurbish my existing wheels /fans   by spraying I might consider this colour scheme.

None would be a deal breaker in the future, but I wont be rushing to change.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 12:11:20 PM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

DougL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2023, 09:40:05 AM »
I wonder what Blackpool Honda have about Jazz wheels ?

Why do they have to zoom in on all 4, surely just one would do.

From what I can see they do a lot of video on second hand stock.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2023, 09:48:26 AM »
Yes he seems to follow the same formula as a used car condition check..   I find his repeated use of  "Your" when describing features annoying

DougL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2023, 10:20:32 AM »
Yes he seems to follow the same formula as a used car condition check..   I find his repeated use of  "Your" when describing features annoying

Maybe it is an age thing, but I completely agree. Lots of younger car reviewers seem to do this overusing "you have", "you have got", "you do have" instead of there is. It is almost as bad as "I, myself".

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2023, 11:45:52 AM »
The problem is that this: "you get" and "you also get" is a blatant lie: You "get" nothing at all, you buy it and pay (quite a lot) for it.  :(
If nothing goes right, go left!

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2023, 12:26:42 PM »
Probably an age thing but  maybe a bit of long established car salesman speak. 

There is a TV advert at the moment by Bristol Street Motors  emphasising their 100 year History as a leading car dealership. It features a '1970's' saleman selling a mk3 Cortina who says  'yes my friend, its yours for £949.99 on the  road'. Modern filming  but typical I think not only of how we spoke in the 1970's but some car sales staff even today. 

I find some dealerships  disguise the pushy sales  types by also having  'harmless' female and older male sales staff.  They can be the most 'dangerous'.   A bit like some politicians and members of the royal family.  Speak well but spout nonsense.  Sorry if we are going off topic  :-[
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 12:44:25 PM by Lord Voltermore »

Kremmen

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2023, 01:42:21 PM »
Before I attend any showroom I do loads of homework so I know what I'm getting and what I expect to pay for the p/x.

If the p/x quoted doesn't come anywhere near what I've scribbled on a post-it note, in my top pocket then I walk. I walked twice in a Citroen showroom, and they chased after me, but for my Honda's I've been pleasantly surprised.
Let's be careful out there !

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 08:38:12 AM »
Before I attend any showroom I do loads of homework so I know what I'm getting and what I expect to pay for the p/x.

If the p/x quoted doesn't come anywhere near what I've scribbled on a post-it note, in my top pocket then I walk. I walked twice in a Citroen showroom, and they chased after me, but for my Honda's I've been pleasantly surprised.

This is me too. I had never bought a Honda before, and never used the dealer before. I knew both Honda and the local dealer had a good rep, and when we initially went for a test drive, discussed trade in.. I was surprised by their trade in offer (with the promise that the offer would never decrease and upon delivery of the Jazz they may increase the offer). True to their word, when the Jazz was delivered and we went in to sign, they increased the trade in offer! After owning our previous car for two years and 17000 miles, I only lost 2k on its price new.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2023, 11:10:35 AM »
Looking through the specs of the Mk 4 uplift and compared with the previous Mk4, there does not seem to be any difference in the 0-100km/h times, despite the increase in overall power. Both models (Ex & Advance) are quoting 9.6 secs, so what's happened  to the 13HP increase?

Honda say there is an increase in Engine power, Drive motor power and Generator power, but we don't the effect in overall performance.
I suppose the fact that fuel consumption has not altered much, proves the point. (can't get something for nothing)

Having said that, if you compare the performance, with the average sports car of yesteryear, (eg MGB 85hp engine) with an average 0-100km/h time of 11.4 secs, then things have moved on a little. ;D

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2023, 01:18:17 PM »
Looking through the specs of the Mk 4 uplift and compared with the previous Mk4, there does not seem to be any difference in the 0-100km/h times, despite the increase in overall power. Both models (Ex & Advance) are quoting 9.6 secs, so what's happened  to the 13HP increase?

Honda say there is an increase in Engine power, Drive motor power and Generator power, but we don't the effect in overall performance.
I suppose the fact that fuel consumption has not altered much, proves the point. (can't get something for nothing)

Having said that, if you compare the performance, with the average sports car of yesteryear, (eg MGB 85hp engine) with an average 0-100km/h time of 11.4 secs, then things have moved on a little. ;D
As I understood it the increase in power should reduce the engine noise note and longevity when max power is called for - e.g. hill climbing or overtaking or max battery recharging.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2023, 02:13:48 PM »
13 hp extra for charging the battery faster rather than the ICE propelling the car faster ? The benefits of this may be indirect.     

I think Hondas  0-100kph time of 9.6 seconds  has always been a bit conservative . Reviewers typically got well under 9 seconds.  Maybe Honda  anticipated slower times  if reviewers started their speed tests with a low battery charge or in cold weather  and didn't want to be accused of exaggerated claims.   

If for instance starting a test with only 3 battery bars means there will only be enough battery charge for the electric traction motor to achieve 9.6 seconds rather than 8,6 seconds,  an extra 13 hp  for faster charging may not make much difference in such a short time.     But it may make a noticeable improvement in  normal road performance.

If you accelerate the car quickly, similar to doing a 0-100 kph test the ICE will certainly run fast and be noticeably noisier.  But is that to propel the car, or just because it 'knows' it needs to run fast to  recharge the battery as quickly as possible.  Its designed to be one step ahead of your battery needs rather than to abruptly be unable to keep up the same  pace. 

Just my thoughts. Maybe its not that simple.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 02:23:57 PM by Lord Voltermore »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2023, 03:30:14 PM »
I think Hondas  0-100kph time of 9.6 seconds  has always been a bit conservative .

« Last Edit: May 18, 2023, 06:28:23 PM by Jazzik »
If nothing goes right, go left!

Tags:

anything