Author Topic: Battery never below 3 or above 7 notches?  (Read 3584 times)

Marmoset

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 4 2020
Re: Battery never below 3 or above 7 notches?
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 06:18:36 PM »
When I go down a long hill mine regularly shows all 10 bars.
It's the same for me too.  Driving in B mode seems to push the level up more as well.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2022, 08:07:13 AM »
I can't fathom the logic between engine on / off and the battery bars.

You would expect the bars to drop to 3, then the engine fires up, then when they get to say 7 the engine cuts out and you're on EV.

I use the instant MPG bar as a good indicator as the engine on / off. The engine seems to power up randomly, even when I'm showing 3 to 7 bars.

It all works OK so I'm not at all bothered.
Let's be careful out there !

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2022, 09:40:56 AM »
I can't fathom the logic between engine on / off and the battery bars.

You would expect the bars to drop to 3, then the engine fires up, then when they get to say 7 the engine cuts out and you're on EV.

I use the instant MPG bar as a good indicator as the engine on / off. The engine seems to power up randomly, even when I'm showing 3 to 7 bars.

It all works OK so I'm not at all bothered.
Same here.    Sometimes ,even with plenty  of battery bars and a slight downhill slope  , "computer says No" to using EV mode . Or may say "Yes" in apparently less favourable circumstances .  As long as I get good mpg results  , and someone in Honda knows the answer and research continues into perfecting the system , I am content to remain in ignorant bliss.   Plenty of other  things to worry about.  ???

I'm getting particularly good mpg at present  (75mpg)   Possibly in the weather sweet spot of rapid warm up  with little need to use energy  for heating or air conditioning.   :-*
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

PWV

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: New Jazz Hybrid
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2022, 07:38:36 PM »
Good answers LV & PtM...picked my Jazz yesterday and was rather disappointed that it didn't get above about six bars.  But of course I realised that it would start using ev mode more and for longer.  So no need to get in touch with dealer except living in a flat area I might have difficulty leaving the battery fully charged when I go on Holliday.

I don't think starting the power and being stationary will charge the battery.

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 05:32:24 AM »
Yes it does.

I've got a voltmeter plugged in and when the power is started, whether the engine fires up or not, it jumps from 12v to 14.5v, exactly the same as starting an ICE car.
Let's be careful out there !

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2022, 06:16:11 AM »
My HV battery bar didn’t used to move when powered up and not driving.

After a full 12V battery disconnect for an hour, it now acts like other hybrids I’ve had.

The battery gauge goes up when the petrol engine is on, then goes down when it’s off and the cycle repeats while parked in ready mode.

Botak

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2022, 09:40:29 AM »
So no need to get in touch with dealer except living in a flat area I might have difficulty leaving the battery fully charged when I go on Holliday.

I don't think starting the power and being stationary will charge the battery.

There is I think no need to have the lithium battery fully charged while on holliday. When we were away for more then three months the car was parked with the (lithium)battery at 5 bars. When we came back the battery was still at 5 bars. The lithiumbattery discharges very very slowly. Its of course different for the 12 voltbattery.

guest9814

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2022, 03:08:31 PM »
Interesting
I observed that many times, when i most of week doing 25-30mph drive (during this drive battery charges maximum to 43 % then at holiday i drive to supermarket on flat road  with speed 37mph for long enough the hybrid system charging battery using ICE  to virtually 100% - 10 bars, maybe for balancing cells or some sort of calibration.

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2022, 04:18:31 PM »
I managed to max out my battery today, it was weird as the car was in EV but revved when you braked.

It sounded ok, the Prius engine brake is more noisy.

guest9814

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2022, 06:41:28 AM »
Interesting
I observed that many times, when i most of week doing 25-30mph drive (during this drive battery charges maximum to 43 % then at holiday i drive to supermarket on flat road  with speed 37mph for long enough the hybrid system charging battery using ICE  to virtually 100% - 10 bars, maybe for balancing cells or some sort of calibration.
Correction this happens one time after  car powered on. And only up to 9 segments, this around 90%.

Tags: