2 (2%)
Rather not say
2 (2%)
Finance to start - intention of paying off early
22 (22.2%)
Motability
2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Author Topic: ..Just out of interest how did you finance the purchase of your new Jazz / HRV?  (Read 7843 times)

crosstarhonda

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: honda jazz crosstar
Do 7 months finance, pay the remaining balance, keep the 5 year service plan. No brainer….

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Always cash with P/X.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

PaultheManc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz Hybrid SR
Just completed the purchase of my SR on Tuesday and like a lot of others adopted the HP finance minimum £5K with the intention of paying off early in 7 months, thereby getting the 5 year service plan.  I had arranged part exchange, but ended up selling my 2015 Jazz in advance to Evans Halshaw as I have already reported.

Vwoof

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
I just ordered a SR with part exchange and HC for the 5 year servicing. I think they have changed the offer? It is now only 5 Year servicing, no 5 year warranty or roadside assistance.

sportse

• Approved Member
From the website it looks like they have dropped the third 5 - it used to be 5%, 5 year servicing and 5 year warranty,

I had to buy those myself as I didn't know about the £5k small finance balance trick.

There was a fee of around £800 IIRC to upgrade the standard 3 year warranty to 5 years with roadside cover.

DERMOT

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk4 SR
The cancelling at 6 mths stage is very straight forward. I got a reminder call from the dealer, and single quick call to Honda finance UK got final cost over the phone and email with details to allow online payment. No tricks, hardsell, multiple transfers, nor joy of  se asian  call centre. Found the whole finance experience ( my first) to be painless and trustworthy.
 On forums for other brands was advice on cancelling early with required legalise and takes of blowback from dealership than loose finance commission.

sportse

• Approved Member
Prices up to £24,600 for a plain EX now with metallic paint - the configurator doesn't even offer any finance at the moment at all.

They still list offers at 6.9% interest and a 5 year service pack included... but no 5 year warranty any more, so you are left in years 4 and 5 with a car out of warranty. But you can't customise the finance offer, so maybe it doesn't exist?

After my 6 dealer visits and £2,300 failed warranty repair I wouldn't run one without the warranty.

shufty

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
... Small bump for the new guys.

shufty

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
...November bump.

Guinness 2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Sunlight White
First post on here though I've been on previous, Civiv, Jazz and HR-V forums. I have just ordered a premium sunlight white EX. Due Mid April. Went the £5k HP and pay off after 6 months route - it is a no brainer pay £94 interest over 6 months but gain £500 cashback and £699 five year service.
Only 3 years Warranty now but if you pay £370 up front you get the extra 2 years.  Apparently if you wait till the end of Year 3 to extend it will cost you £300 a year (i.e. £600) at today's prices. So I've bought that.

I bought through Carwow.  One dealer gave me a much bigger discount than 4 others and my local dealer - my local dealer wouldn't even share the difference so I have gone with the dealer from Carwow who will provide free delivery (on a transporter) as well.

Saycol

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY21 Jazz Crosstar
You mention delivery mid April, so lead time almost 6 months?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Are  you sure the extension to the 3 year warranty  is from Honda, and not Carwow.  Not that it makes much difference.  Even the Honda 5 year warranty is administered and presumably underwritten, by an independent warranty provider  (despite  the Honda logos on the paperwork)
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Guinness 2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Sunlight White
Are  you sure the extension to the 3 year warranty  is from Honda, and not Carwow.  Not that it makes much difference.  Even the Honda 5 year warranty is administered and presumably underwritten, by an independent warranty provider  (despite  the Honda logos on the paperwork)

As far as I know it is Honda, (could be the dealership but very unlikely to be Carwow)

shufty

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
... New year bump  :)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style

Tags: