Author Topic: Honda servicing  (Read 1165 times)

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
Honda servicing
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:36:24 AM »
The first service on the Honda jazz M4 is £235, I think this a bit over the top, after my first service I will find cheaper places to service my car.

Karoq

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Was HR-V e:HEV. 7 Hondas owned in the past. Currently CR-V SR. 2022 E:HEV
Re: Honda servicing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 10:08:31 AM »
Why not check with Honda Customer services if they have fixed price servicing. Your dealer might be taking the micky.
Dip Mech Eng (automotive)

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
  • The day the Internet went down
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid EX 2022
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 10:25:43 AM »
During the purchase of our car I was persuaded to pay £540 for 5 years servicing. I was assured that that included consumables. Seems good value to have Honda mechanics do the work.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 11:12:08 AM »
Oh

My dealer 'persuaded' me to take out the minimum HP deal of £5k over 2 years as I was going to pay cash.

With the finance deal I got :

5 years servicing
5 years AA Hondacare
5 Years warranty
£500 extra discount

After 7 months I can pay it off early and keep the above bonuses but I may let it run.
Let's be careful out there !

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 11:26:23 AM »
During the purchase of our car I was persuaded to pay £540 for 5 years servicing. I was assured that that included consumables. Seems good value to have Honda mechanics do the work.

Not really too many consumables on modern cars - plugs= 75,000 miles +,  drive belts = 150,000 miles+, oil from a 45gallon drum in corner of workshop, coolant lasts 10 years, brake and clutch fluid never get flushed,  filters are 'check and replace if necessary', and guess what - the mechanic will put his dark glasses on to check them and if lucky a new oil filter every two years, I bought 3 year old Jazz form local main dealer with 'full dealer service history' and the oil filter casing was red rusty, the cabin and engine air filters were black as coal.   Brake pads / discs are 'wearing parts'  - so where are the consumables ?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:34:42 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

sportse

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 12:23:37 PM »
You may be able to get the 5 year service pack - it's great value.

On my traded in Volvo (just a Ford Focus underneath) I was paying £540 for a main dealer service! So the Jazz service pack saves me a fortune compared to my old car.

Even on my previous Yaris hybrid, I was paying £300/£200 alternating annual prices for services.

DomnicZZ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2004 1.4 SE MK1
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 12:36:22 PM »
I pay about £35 a year- £25 for Castrol edge full synth oil and about £8 for a MANN oil filter. (Air filter still clean from minimum driving last year.) I do it myself with an oil pump.

£540 is a decent price If they actually change the oil / and filters every year, and it’s more likely a ‘bait’ price to get you into the dealership for upselling opportunities.
My Jazz: 2004 CVT

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 12:41:34 PM »
Going by the cost of branded BMW oils for our previous car, saving the cost of oil during an official Honda service is well worth having.
Neil Ives

guest4871

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 12:59:10 PM »
The first service on the Honda jazz M4 is £235, I think this a bit over the top, after my first service I will find cheaper places to service my car.

1. Ring Honda dealers for a price (comparison).

2. See if you can get/ should have been offered the Service Plan at £540 (?) on purchase. If so buy it. If you were not offered it, ask why.

3. Check the Honda Fixed Price Service prices on the Honda website.

4. Do use a Honda dealer whilst the car is under warranty. I know strictly you don't have to but it could save endless hassle if you have a problem.

5. Find another Honda Dealer. You can use any.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2021, 01:10:16 PM »
Going by the cost of branded BMW oils for our previous car, saving the cost of oil during an official Honda service is well worth having.

Adding BMW name to anything automatically causes the price to skyrocket....
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2021, 01:57:15 PM »
I specify the 5 year service plan as part of a purchase deal and believe that the service plan can be purchased within the first 6 months of the vehicle sale. I think it's good value and low hassle plus there should be less incentive for the dealer to cut corners as they can bill Honda based on the standard service schedule. One benefit of using the dealer to do the servicing after Honda's warranty has expired is that the dealer, upon request, can arrange a further year of free Hondacare breakdown assistance.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Neil Ives

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2021, 02:11:59 PM »
Here's the deal from Listers that I had.
Neil Ives

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 02:28:11 PM »
Same here  :D
Let's be careful out there !

Deathstar

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 04:52:09 PM »
And us :)

We traded in our (wife’s) 2 year old Civic after 12 months as it gained 5k of equity due to the “car shortage”

Now we (she) has a weird white Crosstar.

Tags:

anything